• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who will be the next side to win a test series against the top 4?

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Erm so what were my "intentions" then? :unsure: you tried to discredit my thread with your "stats" which clearly fell on death ears because no-one actually believes that SL are above England right now like you suggested.
Actually that's far from the truth, a few do believe SL are better than England (myself excluded), so don't say 'no-one' because it's actually a fairly close thing between the two sides , As someone pointed out earlier, it's not SL's fault that they've hardly played anyone in the last couple of years & only team they did lose to was India in India & this after beating them just 2 years ago in 2008

Zinzan

If it was my intention to "stick the boot into NZ" why wouldn't i just post in the "NZ vs WI" thread then? 8-) NOT EVEYTHING IS ABOUT NZ!!, i'm talking about the top four and the teams below them, i would have thought the thread title would have made that clear, Bang, NZ and Pak have all taken heavy defeats lately, posing a question about when another side will beat the top four in a test series is perfectly acceptable imo, but you can stick to your theories if you wish.
The boy who cried Wolf :cool2:

WindieWeathers

International Regular
No, but everything seems to be about the West Indies - even if it was a thread about Andy Flower v Archie Jackson, I'm sure you'd find a way to get Holder's speedgun average into the thread.
Wow shock horror a WI fan talks about WI, what a crime!! :laugh: , btw i take it you didn't see my thread about left arm spinners the other day? clearly not :unsure:.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Actually that's far from the truth, a few do believe SL are better than England (myself excluded), so don't say 'no-one' because it's actually a fairly close thing between the two sides , As someone pointed out earlier, it's not SL's fault that they've hardly played anyone in the last couple of years & only team they did lose to was India in India & this after beating them just 2 years ago in 2008
The bottom line is recent results simply don't give SL a good argument at all.

The boy who cried Wolf :cool2:
Yeah i heard about him, ever heard about the boy who jumped to conclusions?!! :laugh:

Zinzan

The bottom line is recent results simply don't give SL a good argument at all.
:
Sorry. What the/your bottom line again? Is it the fact SL didn't win in their easy/basic tour of India or it that they only beat NZ in 4 days & not just 1 hour the last time NZ toured there?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Why do you all respond to Windies Weather if you think he's a troll? Why do you guys bite all the time?

Let him say WI is better than NZ in every post of his. If no one replies he will get bored.

**** after so many years of this **** you'd think people would understand how these guys operate.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Sorry. What the/your bottom line again? Is it the fact SL didn't win in their easy/basic tour of India or it that they only beat NZ in 4 days & not just 1 hour the last time NZ toured there?
Compared to England recent form that's not exactly impressive is it? :unsure: and furthermore our win against England >>>>>>> anything SL has done in two years, it's as simple as that.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Why do you all respond to Windies Weather if you think he's a troll? Why do you guys bite all the time?

Let him say WI is better than NZ in every post of his. If no one replies he will get bored.

**** after so many years of this **** you'd think people would understand how these guys operate.
I mentioned NZ because they are in the second tier!!, was i meant to leave them out of my post in fear of people thinking i'm "trolling"? 8-) to be honest i really don't give a damn if people think i'm a "troll", it's a tedious fallacy created by those who disagree with my views and want to sling mud imo.

Last edited:

Teja.

Global Moderator
WW, If you want to believe the no.4 team is worse than the no.8 team, sure. But if you want to convince people about it, good luck with that, you will need it.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
WW, If you want to believe the no.4 team is worse than the no.8 team, sure. But if you want to convince people about it, good luck with that, you will need it.
You speak about SL and WI as if there's some "massive gap" between the two sides but recent results don't support that claim, England have been much better than SL recently, so anyone thinking SL are the 4th best team right now are living in the past imo.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't want to see this thread go down gurgler as well, so I'd encourage EVERYONE to stop the goading/baiting of others into an argument that takes the thread off track. Also, I don't know how many times we need to say it, but please cut out the "oh he's a troll" comments, if you have an issue with the poster, report it to us and let the mod team deal with it. All it does is sends threads off track, and creates personal angst between posters which does nothing for the thread/forum atmosphere.

To steal a line from Prince EWS, CW is place to objectively discuss cricket, not represent your team in the great supporters war.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
WI will be the first team from the top eight to be passed on the rankings by Bangledesh and Zimbabwe.
That's AFTER your head hits the pillow!!, right? :laugh:

Edit: pardon me i didn't see your post Clapo, and i fully agree with you too.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Compared to England recent form that's not exactly impressive is it? :unsure: and furthermore our win against England >>>>>>> anything SL has done in two years, it's as simple as that.
Mate, I am a big Windies fan... and a bigger Lara fan. And nothing would please me more than Windies becoming a force again (maybe India staying #1 and finding two good fast bowlers will but apart frm that nothing)...

To an extent, I do agree that the recent Aussie tour has shown promising signs for the Windies. But the problem is that you are trying to argue with people here (including myself) who would rather go by what has happened than by instinct. We have all been proven wrong on our instincts so many times that we feel it is better to sit on the fence than to jump on bandwagons. :) So don't take it the wrong way but unless Windies actually start winning and proving that they are better than these other sides, it is difficult for people to accept they are better, regardless of how good they look on paper.

To summarize, most of us here do wish and hope that what you say about the Windies being better does turn out to be true but until it happens, you won't find many believers. I wish them the best and I wish they prove us wrong. :)

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Mate, I am a big Windies fan... and a bigger Lara fan. And nothing would please me more than Windies becoming a force again (maybe India staying #1 and finding two good fast bowlers will but apart frm that nothing)...

To an extent, I do agree that the recent Aussie tour has shown promising signs for the Windies. But the problem is that you are trying to argue with people here (including myself) who would rather go by what has happened than by instinct. We have all been proven wrong on our instincts so many times that we feel it is better to sit on the fence than to jump on bandwagons. :) So don't take it the wrong way but unless Windies actually start winning and proving that they are better than these other sides, it is difficult for people to accept they are better, regardless of how good they look on paper.

To summarize, most of us here do wish and hope that what you say about the Windies being better does turn out to be true but until it happens, you won't find many believers. I wish them the best and I wish they prove us wrong. :)
Good post!!, and i see what you're saying, i'm not arguing that WI are better than SL right now, obviously SL are a quality side and if both teams play to their potential then there's not much to seperate them imo, but i'm optimistic about WI's future, i won't deny that, over the next few years will see if my optimism has any merit.