• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who will be the next side to win a test series against the top 4?

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
With the 2Ms bowling in top-moderately good form, SL is the team to look at. However, i would never rule Pakistan out. Despite the bans, i think its is imperative to have YK and MoYo in that Pak middle order....

Himannv

International Coach
With the 2Ms bowling in top-moderately good form, SL is the team to look at. However, i would never rule Pakistan out. Despite the bans, i think its is imperative to have YK and MoYo in that Pak middle order....
I'm not Pakistani, but I think Pakistan in full flow is a very formidable opponent. Wish they stop having cricket balls for brunch though.

DingDong

State Captain
I'm not Pakistani, but I think Pakistan in full flow is a very formidable opponent.
yeah they will certainly be better than any of the bottom tier (nz,wi,pak) teams when they play to their potential for sure and this is coming from a kiwi fan

DingDong

State Captain
if all teams play to their potential
1. sa
2. ind
3. aus
4. eng
5. sl
6. pak
7. nz (better bowling side than wi and wi don't have the bowlers to exploit weak nz batting)
8. wi
9. bang

WindieWeathers

International Regular
if all teams play to their potential
1. sa
2. ind
3. aus
4. eng
5. sl
6. pak
7. nz (better bowling side than wi and wi don't have the bowlers to exploit weak nz batting)
8. wi
9. bang
Lol sorry but your living in the clouds if you seriously think if all teams play to their potential that WI are below SL, Pak and NZ, when we last played to our potential we destroyed England at sabina park to take the first test, that was a year ago, NZ haven't beaten a top side in 8 years, Pakistan haven't beaten a top side in 4 years, so the stats clearly don't comply with your notion.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Lol sorry but your living in the clouds if you seriously think if all teams play to their potential that WI are below SL, Pak and NZ, when we last played to our potential we destroyed England at sabina park to take the first test, that was a year ago, NZ haven't beaten a top side in 8 years, Pakistan haven't beaten a top side in 4 years, so the stats clearly don't comply with your notion.
We also beat England last time they toured us. Shocker.

And when we beat India at home was 8 years ago. And we beat SA in a Test at home as well.

Last edited:

DingDong

State Captain

:laugh:

then why hasn't anybody agreed with you so far?

Last edited:

WindieWeathers

International Regular
We also beat England last time they toured us. Shocker.

And when we beat India at home was 8 years ago. And we beat SA in a Test at home as well.
What eight years ago Athlai? come on man you're clutching at straws there!!, if you wanna to talk about distant history then WI run over every other side in the game!!, full stop :laugh: .

Athlai

Not Terrible
What eight years ago Athlai? come on man you're clutching at straws there!!, if you wanna to talk about distant history then WI run over every other side in the game!!, full stop :laugh: .
You brought up the 8 years number, factually you'd only be correct to say we haven't won a Test series against Aus, Eng, Ind or SA in 7 years.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
You brought up the 8 years number, factually you'd only be correct to say we haven't won a Test series against Aus, Eng, Ind or SA in 7 years.
Yes Athlai that's what i was talking about, NZ haven't beaten those sides in around eight years, Pakistan haven't beaten any of those sides in four years, SL last beat one of them two years ago, while we beat England last year.