• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season Thread 2010

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Evidently if Slurrey hadn't nicked Hamilton-Brown and we hadn't signed Panesar we would have got them out for about 6 in that game.
17, by my calculations.

Panesar 2-0-23-0, Beer 4-0-17-3 and Rayner 3.3-0-7-4.

Cardiff really is going to be Monty's last act for England, isn't it?

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting. First time it has ever been a sticky. Previously not allowed as 'only' a domestic comp. I guess not all progess is bad.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
IPL is stickied, no reason why this shouldn't be in my opinion.

Plus, aside from the T20 WC (which has its own forum), there's no international cricket for a couple of months.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
IPL is stickied, no reason why this shouldn't be in my opinion.

Plus, aside from the T20 WC (which has its own forum), there's no international cricket for a couple of months.
I agree with you. Just James has had a different opinion in the past. The IPL is not considered by CW to be an ordinary domestic comp. The sticky has been asked for before and denied.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good first post for the thread. Panesar useless, Durham winning and Sussex losing. Sets the tone well I feel for more of the same to come in the next few months.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
A counties select xi is taking on a Barbados XI today in a 2 day friendly match. The counties XI won the toss and chose to bat. I have hardly heard of most of the counties XI and the Barbados team is full of youngsters, though it is good to see Braithwaite, Dowrich and Warrican playing.

Teams:

Counties: Richard Pyrah (captain), Joe Root, Karl Brown, Adrian Shankar, Garry Ballance, Gerard Brotchy, Stephen Parry, David Wainwright, Jack Hargraves, Jerry Montgomery, Ben Sanderson.

Barbados: Antonio Mayers (captain), Martin Nurse, Kraigg Brathwaite, Kyle Hope, Raymon Reifer, Jonathan Carter, Ryan Wiggins, Shane Dowrich, Jomel Warrican, Miguel Cummins, Rashid Oneal