• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season Thread 2010

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Hales looks like a good sort.

Shame about Lancashire, feel for everyone who has to watch Chilton and Sutton nurdle around at 3 an over.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Hmm, looking at some of the guys playing for the unicorns, one of them is Chris Brown (comes from Oldham, he's in his mid 30's, im not sure what the point of this unicorns side is but having players like him surely isn't the purpose.

In any case, was looking at some of his previous games, and he played some FC cricket in SL for some reason..anyone looking at his scorecard from his last game..interesting method of Udawatte's dismissal in the second innings

Badureliya Sports Club v Chilaw Marians Cricket Club at Katunayake, Feb 5-7, 2006 | Cricket Scorecard | Cricinfo.com

WorcsRoyal

School Boy/Girl Captain
Hmm, looking at some of the guys playing for the unicorns, one of them is Chris Brown (comes from Oldham, he's in his mid 30's, im not sure what the point of this unicorns side is but having players like him surely isn't the purpose.

In any case, was looking at some of his previous games, and he played some FC cricket in SL for some reason..anyone looking at his scorecard from his last game..interesting method of Udawatte's dismissal in the second innings

Badureliya Sports Club v Chilaw Marians Cricket Club at Katunayake, Feb 5-7, 2006 | Cricket Scorecard | Cricinfo.com
:laugh:

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
McDonald did ok opening the batting for Leicestershire. Is the captaincy rotating between him and Hoggard or something? Swear it's a different one each time I see the scorecard. Was quite a beating for Durham in all honesty.

Bizarre captaincy decision of the day could be going to Alex Gidman for not bowling out James Franklin who currently has figures of 4 overs 1/9 as Northants chase 193 to win.

Sussex bowlers are taking a hammering.

stumpski

International Captain
Damn, I forgot Surrey were on the box again, but I've just been enjoying watching the highlights. :) Don't know the result yet, but it's looking promising.

Jarquis

Haha, just looked at Luke Wright's career List A record. Makes me want to chunder everywhere.
WAG.

stumpski

International Captain
The Unicorns is an England Amateur XI basically, a combination of Minor Counties and University players. It's not a Colts side, it's not as if these are England hopefuls, so I don't see any harm in including one or two 30-somethings personally.

Fantastic win, anyway.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Nice to see Davies get a few more. Would love to see him and Kieswetter open for England. More runs for Alex Hales too. Has scored runs in the Championship and finally made a score of note in List A cricket this season. Convinced he's going to be a genuine option come the next WC. Was massively impressed by him when I saw his century on Sky and really hope he keeps scoring runs.

Kieswetter got a few today too. 52 off 63 to help get Somerset upto a match-winning total.

Last edited:

Chubb

International Regular
The Unicorns is an England Amateur XI basically, a combination of Minor Counties and University players. It's not a Colts side, it's not as if these are England hopefuls, so I don't see any harm in including one or two 30-somethings personally.

Fantastic win, anyway.
Wow, Brown was coach of my uni's first team the whole time I was there. I was in the seconds mind.

I'm glad to see Durston turn it on because I've always rated him, and he's a Taunton lad.

Scaly piscine

Another ****house start from Durham. Interesting scorecard in the Gloucester-Derby game. Gloucester 79-2 off 10.3 overs. 36 extras top-scoring - consisting of 4 byes, 8 leg-byes, 10 wides and 14 no-balls.