• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season Thread 2010

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hey, I've been flung violently off the Monty bandwagon recently, but in the end Sussex have won their first match with him in the side, with him contributing. So I'm guessing they're not devastated by the signing....yet.

Oh and Allenby should be playing for England, at least in limited-overs, certainly NOT a tail-ender.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Says the Cornish ?????????????????pasty.

Enjoy relegation.:laugh:
I've never been so insulted:-O

Anyway, best not to get this off-topic. It's nice to see a number of good young English players performing, and even though I thought it madness that the Championship started this early, it seems to have coincided with that two weeks, we get a year, that is amusingly called Summer.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Only joking.I know how touchy you lot get about that one so i thought it was fair game.

Anyway back on topic Yorkshire have won by 4wkts.:)

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Danish Kaneria is apparently one of the Essex players linked to match fixing. Wonder who the other guy is...

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Hehe. How embarrassing. Nel not interested in saving the game, attempting to hit everything.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Tough times at the Hoval...
You're not kidding. We've actually been pretty mediocre for most of the 40 years I've been following the game, but the current side takes the biscuit. Given the resources, their inability to find players or develop the ones that do occasionally turn up should be a sacking offence for everyone involved in the playing side over the last 10 years. tbh I've always taken more interest in the national side even when we were doing well, but the present situation does merit a few emails to the club along the lines wtf has been going on? Not expecting the courtesy of a reply, of course.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
You're not kidding. We've actually been pretty mediocre for most of the 40 years I've been following the game, but the current side takes the biscuit. Given the resources, their inability to find players or develop the ones that do occasionally turn up should be a sacking offence for everyone involved in the playing side over the last 10 years. tbh I've always taken more interest in the national side even when we were doing well, but the present situation does merit a few emails to the club along the lines wtf has been going on? Not expecting the courtesy of a reply, of course.
When Gus Mackay was Chief Exec at Sussex there was an "Ask Gus Mackay" thread on the club's messageboard. We posted hundreds of messages but he never answered.

stumpski

International Captain
The team that finished 16th out of 17 in 1978 maybe, but that was a case of good players under-achieving - we had people like Edrich, Roope, Younis, Jackman, Pocock and Butcher. Finished third the following season with virtually the same squad.

stumpski

International Captain
Should also be said that we would almost certainly have bowled them out on day one if the catches had been held. :dry: