• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shakib vs Vettori

The btetter overall cricketer (tests)

• Total voters

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
It isn't, obviously.

Some people taking Uppers comment a little too seriously, methinks. :wacko:
How do we read it then?

I'm just asking what is the significance of Vettori doing better against Bangladesh than Shakib did against NZ.

It was good to see them go toe-to-toe (captain, best bowler, important batsman in the team) but it's like saying Tendulkar is better than Lara if Kumble and Harbhajan get Lara out cheaply in India but Tendulkar scores runs against Powell and Collymore.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Team Vettori played Team Shakib.
Team Vettori won.
The end.

I doubt Uppercut was bringing it up as a serious comparison. More like just bringing it up to say that they both played in a match where they carried their teams, and the other 20 players did sweet **** all.

cricman

International 12th Man
Shakib can Rip the ball, but he needs some assitance from the pitch ... In the end of the Day he's Still a Finger Spinner and has limitations.

I think he'll do much better in May where he'll be able to get the ball to turn a way from the right handers

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Vettori for now. He has grown a lot as a cricketer since becoming captain. But can see Shakib becoming better too.