• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Good/Great bowlers that owned good/great batsman...

Sir Alex

Banned
He only scored 30-40...that is not "played well" by any means. Come on man, fair's fair.Tendulkar is a magnificent batsmen, def in the uppermost echleon of batsmen after Sir Bradman, but let us not make him out to be the best thing since sliced bread.
He is a god. Even gods have their off days. :) (Sivanukkum sanidasai - Even Lord Shiva had to suffer the wrath of Shani...A Tamil saying )

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They're not the same, Burgey. Its like placing the 18th hole a kilometre away with a gale blowing in your face, and claiming the golfer missed the shot when it mattered most. You can't compare a failure chasing 360 against the worlds best side in a single match to a career of performing sub par against a side over a decade.
Ok mate. You win. Whatever. I never said he performed badly against Aus for a decade, I never even said McGrath bettered him over their careers.

The reference to the Warne posts was as to their nature, rather than their content or to a comparison between the two players' records - again, I'd have thought that was pretty apparent, but it seems when it comes to certain topics one ought not take a single liberty. That will probably do me on the subject though. I don't want to tread on any more toes, have prety much had the whole thing tbh. Will soon become apparent to me that the man in question is infallible and I was a fool to even make a neutral, let alone arguably negative, comment about him.

Last edited: