• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jenner attacks the way the English Treat Leg spin

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Craig said:
I would of played it off the back foot and tried to play it as late as possibble. If I could I would of worked it through the on side or let it hit my pads depending on height of the ball. I also would of covered my stumps to prevent myself of being bowled.
There's no guarantee that you wouldn't have been bowled in an even more embarrassing fashion. It was quite well bowled.

Craig

World Traveller
Actually if I covered my stumps, I probably would of reduced my chances drastically of being bowled. Look you have a bat, use it I say (I dont actually mean you Liam).

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
In the interests of pouring kerosene onto a bonfire:

I had an interesting net session last night. Bowled flighted pies and wides which hardly turned at all unless they were around 50kmh and in which case smacked.

Last twenty, thirty minutes of it I decided to bowl much, much flatter and concentrate on the compactness of the action and the length and accuracy of the delivery.

Result, accurate stuff which turned much more than the more flighted balls and turning one past the bat and into off stump. Granted, I was bowling at U13s but they have no problems usually and tend to retire in their age group games. Also beat the bat by around 8 inches with a wrong un which also smacked into off.

Ah, flat leg spin :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Neil Pickup said:
\ Also beat the bat by around 8 inches with a wrong un which also smacked into off.

It's a pity you don't bowl like that for the Devs...

chris.hinton

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
In the interests of pouring kerosene onto a bonfire:

I had an interesting net session last night. Bowled flighted pies and wides which hardly turned at all unless they were around 50kmh and in which case smacked.

Last twenty, thirty minutes of it I decided to bowl much, much flatter and concentrate on the compactness of the action and the length and accuracy of the delivery.

Result, accurate stuff which turned much more than the more flighted balls and turning one past the bat and into off stump. Granted, I was bowling at U13s but they have no problems usually and tend to retire in their age group games. Also beat the bat by around 8 inches with a wrong un which also smacked into off.

LOl it shows you are not a natural spinnner of the ball.., and you are also so ****e against 13 yr old you turn to flat bowling

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
chris.hinton said:
LOl it shows you are not a natural spinnner of the ball.., and you are also so ****e against 13 yr old you turn to flat bowling
So if he bowls in a style that gets results - it's automatically bad in your opinion?

At the end of the day, the games about taking wickets and Neil does that however he feels best!

gibbsnsmith

State Vice-Captain
damn you hinton, there is no 'PROPER' way to bowl leggies, infact there is no fecking proper way to bowl anyhting, a bowler can bowl underarm if he feels inclined to do so, as long he gets whatever his job done, whtever it maybe [ie get wickets, slow runrate]

Langeveldt

Soutie
Im in the process of changing clubs in an attempt to get some proper coaching in.. Ill see where it takes me, maybe ill be arguing for flighted legspin next year..

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
gibbsnsmith said:
damn you hinton, there is no 'PROPER' way to bowl leggies, infact there is no fecking proper way to bowl anyhting, a bowler can bowl underarm if he feels inclined to do so, as long he gets whatever his job done, whtever it maybe [ie get wickets, slow runrate]
And let this be the end of it.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Neil Pickup said:
Have done since the age of seven. Was inspired by either Shane Warne or Ian Salisbury in the 1993 Ashes series ;)
From the reports you've given us of your ability, I expect it was the latter! :)