• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can NZ cricket ever recover?

Can NZ Cricket recover in next 20 years and be feared side for good duration of time?

• Total voters

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
At least Bangladesh are going the right way though. And NZ does seem to have some decent talent coming through.

NZ Guy

U19 Captain
At least Bangladesh are going the right way though. And NZ does seem to have some decent talent coming through.
Just watch those bowlers have endless injuries or get ruined by the academy. Batsman well, they'll always be figured out at international level. I feel depressed :(

WindieWeathers

International Regular
:mellow:
Too many teams in the ****ter (test wise) right now. Pakistan, WI (albeit sometimes they're okay) and NZ. It's depressing.

Then you have Bangladesh not winning any tests.
I think it's harsh to place us alongside those sides, yes for years we've been a shadow of our former selves but recently we've beaten England and gave Australia a real contest in their own backyard with a depleted team, i might sound biased but i really think our test side is only gonna get better over the next few years, especially with some of the fantastic youngsters coming through.

As for NZ, they've certainly got a few top class test players but unfortunately the rest are just not on the same level which makes them easy pickings for the opposition.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
WI are dire at the moment as shown by Australia, NZ are equal if not better than the WI.
So "dire" our second string drew one of the tests in Australia's own BACKYARD, yeah ok!! :laugh: .

We've had this conversation before and we disagree, lets leave it at that.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I think we'd all like to have another re-run.

I can start things off. Gayle is a fantastic captain and player and should be part of the West Indian national set up for a long time to come.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why do I get the feeling of impending doom; like the slippery ooze from the Exxon Valdez permeating yet another thread.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Roll your eyes all you want.
I wrote something else but decided a roll eyes was all that comment was worth.

I don't think anyone was suggesting that NZ was ever a top team, but we were certainly have gone backwards in Test cricket since Bracewell.

Still, I found the suggestion that NZ were always this dire as roll eyes worthy, only someone with goldfish memory would say something like "recover from what?".

Flem274*

123/5
Nah, a full strength West Indies team at the moment is > then a full strength New Zealand team.
What IS the full strength NZ team?

I don't even think the selectors know.

But yes, if the WI were full strength, they should beat us.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Nah, a full strength West Indies team at the moment is > then a full strength New Zealand team.
I'd agree, tbh on our day i think we're a match for anyone, we'll see how far or close we are to the top sides after we've played South Africa.

Howsie

International Captain
What IS the full strength NZ team?

I don't even think the selectors know.

But yes, if the WI were full strength, they should beat us.
Who knows, I'd have a guess it would include guys not playing at the moment such as Ryder, Williamson, and maybe Broom.