• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Test Cricket World Champion (idea)

testfreak

Cricket Spectator
So I have been thinking about this for a while now, I'm a casual cricket fan not an expert on the game so forgive me if this sounds like a bad idea.

I feel like there needs to be a champion of Test match cricket similar to that in Boxing. Obviously the big difference is Cricket is a team sport and Boxing is not but Test Cricket is different to most team sports isnt it. To me Test matches aren't given as much importance as they should be, they take place and then most are forgotten about. What we need in my opinion is a Champion Test Country that defends its Test Match Trophy/Cup whatever you want it to be against all the other Countries in order.

The Trophy/Cup is then passed around to the team who beats the Champion side.

This is just the basic idea, there could be different ways to find the worthy opponent. I just think this would make the format much more meaningful. Tell me what you think,