• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of Cricketers - CW's Favorite Cricketer

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
19-18 to Viv then :)

Three West Indians + Wasim in the semis. Clearly being successful is ok as long as it happenet a while ago.

Semifinal One

Malcolm Marshall

Brian Lara

Fusion

Global Moderator
Epic battles from here on eh? Needless to say I love both players. They've both provided countless moments of joy for cricket players. I'd be happy if either made it to the Final, but I have a special spot in my heart for Malcolm Marshall.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I absolutely love what I've read of Marshall, but Lara had a bigger impact on my actual cricket watching life. And that is a deciding factor when it's such a close contest.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Lara edges the great Marshall out solely for his last words to the cricketing world.

"Did I entertain you?"

****ing eh you did. Unashamed to admit that line got me tearing up.