• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of Cricketers - CW's Favorite Cricketer

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
I like the pic of S-u-H in his bowling stride though. I'm no technical expert, but that looks a good position to me.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I like the pic of S-u-H in his bowling stride though. I'm no technical expert, but that looks a good position to me.
Don't think too many batsmen would complain about being in the position Lara is in, in his photo for this battle either though... :p

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
17-2 Lara...next

Daniel Vettori (1979-)

3,962 runs and 325 wickets in 100 Tests for New Zealand; 255 ODIs
Second New Zealand cricketer to 100 Tests; debuted at 18
New Zealand captain for the past three years
Began his career as a spinner who could bat a bit; now a batsman, captain and also leading spinner

Victor Trumper (1877-1915)

3,163 runs in 48 Tests for Australia; 16,939 runs in 255 first-class matches
By 1915, heralded as the finest batsman in the world
Scored runs at a blistering pace for his time (strike rate estimated at 68)
Amassed 2,570 runs on Australia's 1902 tour of England - nearly double that of any touring compatriot