• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of Cricketers - CW's Favorite Cricketer

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
It still makes absolutely no sense. You can't discount biases, because biases are an integral part of favouritism. If you remove bias from it, you're really not voting for your favourites, but rather a perverted idea of what you think favouritism should be. It's like saying that I love my mum the most in all the world, but because there's blood bias involved, I'll refuse to consider her my most favourite person in the world.
Certain biases are different, though. Like if you vote for someone because he's white (or, black), that should not be acceptable. I treat nationalistic bias (or, bias for/against a particular religion, etc.) in the same category. That was the whole point.

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Lara 21-4.

Third round, battle one

Waqar Younis (1969-)

373 wickets in 87 Tests for Pakistan; 262 ODIs
Known for his reverse swing and, in his youth, extreme pace
Recently appointed Pakistan coach
11th most Test wickets by a pace bowler, at the second-lowest strike rate of anyone with more than 200 (until Steyn's next Test)

Curtly Ambrose (1963-)

405 wickets in 98 Tests; 176 ODIs
Decimated line-ups with quick balls delivered from a great height
Second most wickets by a West Indian seamer, behind his partner in 49 Tests, Courtney Walsh

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Waqar was awesome. I love him even more for his not turning into a motormouth opinionated personality after retirement like many others have.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Certain biases are different, though. Like if you vote for someone because he's white (or, black), that should not be acceptable. I treat nationalistic bias (or, bias for/against a particular religion, etc.) in the same category. That was the whole point.
But there isn't a "team white" that someone supports in cricket.

Whereas there is a "team India" and "team Australia".

If you support that team, than obviously many of your great memories of the sport will be a player or two winning matches and performing really well for your team. That's often how you get favourite players, because they do awesome things for the team you supporter.

It's not the only way, and there are players I would vote for over players from India, but national bias is because THAT SPECIFIC PLAYER means a lot to you. Why do they mean a lot? Because of what they did for your team to win!