• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of Cricketers - CW's Favorite Cricketer

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
To be honest I'd rather hear Crowe and have him make me think about the game with his viewpoints (whether I agree or disagree is a mute point) than listen to the increasing number of commentators who seem prepared to do little else than plug sponsors, comment on the score at the end of overs, or state the obvious...
Yeah, AWTA. He's like a New Zealand Ian Chappell in many ways regarding his commentary. I disagree with a lot he says (probably more than most others really; it's hard to disagree with "Bang what a shot!") but I certainly respect his opinion and I genuinely consider what he says, unlike most others.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Well, just two more votes, so Bond wins 21-10.

The RNG finally gives us an Ashes battle.

Second round, battle twenty-nine

W. G. Grace (1848-1915)

1098 runs in 22 Tests; 54,896 first-class runs and 2,876 wickets
Probably the best cricketer in the world for 20 years
Mastered every discipline of the game

Shane Warne (1969-)

708 wickets in 145 Tests for Australia; 194 ODIs
One of the world's two best spinners for a decade and a half
Won the Ashes seven times, 24 Test wins against England
Took 1/150 on debut

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Probably Warney, tbh. The Good Doctor more fascinating than likeable, IMHO. SKW can be a tool at times, but it's hard to dislike the guy.

Plus he was a magician too.