• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of Cricketers - CW's Favorite Cricketer

jondavluc

State Regular
As a photographer and lover of cricket it is so hard to not love and appreciate that Trumper photo but just the same I can't quite put that past Dennis Lillee .Though I do love that photo!.

Last edited:

Matt79

Global Moderator
lol Swann.

Cry at being asked to choose between Vic and DKL though. Might as well ask me which child I love the most. Abstain, as I can't separate them at all.

pasag

RTDAS
Trumper is my all-time hero. Even if you take out the way he played his cricket, he seems like one of the kindest, most humble blokes off the field where as DKL was very much the prototype "ugly Australian."

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Lillee. Started off as a proper, fire-breathing, raw-meat eating quick but had enough about him to come back reinvented after his back woes.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Trumper - for me he'd get it for that image, even if he'd never scored a run in his life
Apparently that was his leave-alone shot.

What these blokes said - in a Battle of the Cricketing Images, that would take some beating.
We've had this discussion, and you're right. Miller's cut and Hammond's drive are right up there. As is a particular shot of Lillee from side on at the start of his delivery stride. But Victor might just pip them all.

Anyhow,

Trumper

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Personally think that photo of Bradman with like the whole of Australia around him is the greatest cricket image of them all.

But yes, that photo of Trumper is amazing.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Apparently that was his leave-alone shot.

We've had this discussion, and you're right. Miller's cut and Hammond's drive are right up there. As is a particular shot of Lillee from side on at the start of his delivery stride. But Victor might just pip them all.

Anyhow,

Trumper
Prefer this one of Miller, tbh. Also love this one of Bradman. Can imagine how hard the constant adulation would've become for him.

Anywho, bit of a toughie here but I guess I'll go for Trumper