• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ODI:::Performer as a WHOLE PLAYER:::Pollock vs Akram

Pollock vs Akram

• Total voters

Athlai

Not Terrible
Akram marginally the better bowler, Pollock undeniably the better batsman. Easily Pollock for mine, not very much seperates their bowling at all.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
For sheer brilliance Akram, but overall went Pollock, hard to go past that all-round record

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Pollock Easily

Bowling - Wasim > Pollock
Batting - Pollock > Wasim
Fielding - Pollock > Wasim
Captaincy - Pollock = Wasim

Teja.

Global Moderator
On a given day to bat and bowl for my life, Akram.

To perform consistently as an allrounder, Pollock.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Good question. It's funny I would have Akram in my all-time ODI XI and not Pollock. But as an overall package I rate Pollock over Akram.

Xuhaib

International Coach

polly's odi batting was good but not something that would be absolutley vital for a team's cause.

will be biased and say Wasim.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
My world ODI XI would have McGrath, Wasim and Pollock as fast bowlers, backed up by Kallis to bowl seam. So both would fit in.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wasim. He was a much bigger matchwinner than Pollock. Just ran through sides on his day.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I don't think I'd vote for anyone over Pollock as an ODI player. Would be my first pick in any sort of one day cricket draft.

Last edited:

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Pollock certainly the more complete package and simply a marvellous all round cricketer, but all things being equal I'd still go for Wasim due to his sheer match-turning brilliance, and the fact that - let's be honest - I'm a rather hopeless Wasim Akram fanboy. I'm also not generally a big fan of ranking cricketers by splitting their abilities by individual disciplines and then deciding who wins the most categories.

Would be delighted to have either of them in my side though, obviously.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't think I'd vote for anyone over Pollock as an ODI player. Would be my first pick in any sort of one day cricket draft.
Same.

On an unrelated note, I wonder whether the new rule about the 34th over ball-change would have had an impact on Wasim's career.