• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket's Grand Slam

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
So Langer did play in the winning ashes series but you have decided on a technocality he dosent qualify. Well done.
No, I haven't decided on any technicalities, someone else decided on a large, important factor, and I agreed with them.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Surprised they've only played in SL twice in the past 16 years, and there isn't any tour by SA there in the FTP that I can see. And of course, its no cinch that they'd win, given they've lost the series the last two times.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
South Africa have played in Sri Lanka 4 times since readmission - 1993/94, 2000, 2004 and 2006.

Australia have indeed only ever played a couple of series' there - 1999/2000 and 2003/04 - did you mean them I guess?

Matt79

Global Moderator
Actually, wasn't having a go at SA. Missed the 2000 series when I pulled up the series history on Cricinfo, and absent of that series, 1994-2010, there are two series.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Really? :huh: Which one have CricInfo's history thing missed? I can assure you, there were definately a couple of two-Test series' in 2004 and 2006, the former which was fairly uneventful and the latter which was very eventful indeed.

Matt79

Global Moderator
No, I missed it, as in my eye skipped over that line due to a temporary glitch in the time-space continuum. I'm sure it was printed there.