• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Welcome to Cricket Web - Cricket Chat

Flumpy

Cricket Spectator
Hi
My name is Steve.
Am from Hull and am 62 years old. I watch Yorkshire as much as I can love county cricket the best also like watching England and looking forward to the ashes.

KinPer

Cricket Spectator
Hi all!
I'm not a big cricket expert, but I am interested in the game. I know that cricket is a bit like baseball and softball, and I've been to games.

I hope I don't seem too boring :)

Let me ask you a question. What is the strongest cricket team in the world?

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hi all!
I'm not a big cricket expert, but I am interested in the game. I know that cricket is a bit like baseball and softball, and I've been to games.

I hope I don't seem too boring :)

Let me ask you a question. What is the strongest cricket team in the world?
Welcome to the forum and community of CW.

We share a common thing here, not a big cricket expert. I am passionate about the game tho and would hope to see my Windies dominate the world once more.

The strongest cricket team, in terms of white ball is possibly England (they are world champs in both formats of white ball cricket.)

We will soon see which is the best (red ball) test team...the best format of the game, in something called the World Test Championship final...in a little under a month's time. Australia or India.

Some may argue that England's red ball team is the best in the world...would love to see a triad in the game?

ataraxia

International Coach
We will soon see which is the best (red ball) test team...the best format of the game, in something called the World Test Championship final...in a little under a month's time. Australia or India.
Well, of course, currently the mantle of best test team must therefore reside with the current holders

KinPer

Cricket Spectator
Welcome to the forum and community of CW.

We share a common thing here, not a big cricket expert. I am passionate about the game tho and would hope to see my Windies dominate the world once more.

The strongest cricket team, in terms of white ball is possibly England (they are world champs in both formats of white ball cricket.)

Some may argue that England's red ball team is the best in the world...would love to see a triad in the game?
Thank you :)

You speak words that I don't quite understand. White ball, red ball... :huh: What is the difference? Or has this already been discussed somewhere on your forum?

I'll also see about the match between Australia and India.

KinPer

Cricket Spectator
Well, of course, currently the mantle of best test team must therefore reside with the current holders
That's the way it is in any sport :)
For example, last year Real Madrid was the strongest football team. This year, they are no longer.

Third_Man

U19 Cricketer
Thank you :)

You speak words that I don't quite understand. White ball, red ball... :huh: What is the difference? Or has this already been discussed somewhere on your forum?

I'll also see about the match between Australia and India.
Traditionally Cricket was always played with a red ball. They are used for Test and First Class games (which last more than one day and are not played to a set number of overs for each side). Sometimes recently pink balls have been used but these longer format games have slipped into being called Red Ball cricket.

White balls were introduced when one-day matches began being played at night under floodlights, as they are more visible at night; all professional one-day matches are now played with white balls, even when they are not played at night. That definition of "one-day games" includes all games where there is a set number of overs that each side will face, whether that is 5,10, 20, 40, 45, 50 each etc. These shorter format games have become known recenly as "White Ball Cricket".

KinPer

Cricket Spectator
Traditionally Cricket was always played with a red ball. They are used for Test and First Class games (which last more than one day and are not played to a set number of overs for each side). Sometimes recently pink balls have been used but these longer format games have slipped into being called Red Ball cricket.

White balls were introduced when one-day matches began being played at night under floodlights, as they are more visible at night; all professional one-day matches are now played with white balls, even when they are not played at night. That definition of "one-day games" includes all games where there is a set number of overs that each side will face, whether that is 5,10, 20, 40, 45, 50 each etc. These shorter format games have become known recenly as "White Ball Cricket".
How much I have learned... For example, that cricket can be played for more than 1 day. The white ball is indeed better seen at night.
Thanks for the clarification :thumbsup:
Tell me please, why does it take so long to play? And it seems to need long breaks for lunch and afternoon nap :)

Third_Man

U19 Cricketer
It can take 'so long' to play through choice. Different competitions are for different lengths of games. Adds to variety.
Full day of cricket will bt 6 hours plus, breaks and refreshments are needed.