• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Welcome to Cricket Web - Cricket Chat

Michelle Fivefer

U19 Cricketer
Safe to say, it's been hard work.
I’d be interested to know why our premier bowler, with 682 test wickets and 25.94 test bowling average, loved by the Barmy Army, the media, and most normal England cricket fans, last December ranked #2 in the ICC Men’s test bowler ratings, is allegedly so unpopular on this site. Who conducted the survey of CricketWeb members? He comes from Burnley; are you all soft southerners? Did he do something reprehensible in his earlier career? Did he oust a favourite bowler from the test team? I’ve been a member of this forum for 24 hours and already I’m getting into an argument. ?

Howe_zat

Audio File
I’d be interested to know why our premier bowler, with 682 test wickets and 25.94 test bowling average, loved by the Barmy Army, the media, and most normal England cricket fans, last December ranked #2 in the ICC Men’s test bowler ratings, is allegedly so unpopular on this site. Who conducted the survey of CricketWeb members? He comes from Burnley; are you all soft southerners? Did he do something reprehensible in his earlier career? Did he oust a favourite bowler from the test team? I’ve been a member of this forum for 24 hours and already I’m getting into an argument. ?
Anderson is well loved by the majority of England supporters. A good number of this forum are from a long way south of Burnley - like a five figure number of miles - though. To be fair, the majority have come around at least a bit in recent years, admittedly with a certain gnashing of teeth about it.

Michelle Fivefer

U19 Cricketer
Anderson is well loved by the majority of England supporters. A good number of this forum are from a long way south of Burnley - like a five figure number of miles - though. To be fair, the majority have come around at least a bit in recent years, admittedly with a certain gnashing of teeth about it.
Thanks for the explanation, glad to know some are coming round. However, it’s never occurred to me to dislike a player because of where they live. Our county teams don’t just have local players in their teams. When Anderson can be seen at Lord’s and the Oval, why care that he comes from oop North? (As do I, but south of Manchester).

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
Anderson is the GOAT with regard to fast bowling. He is on course to go past the late great Shane Warne in terms of wickets. What's not to love about Jimmy?

I'm also a Broad fan do I hope he has his supporters on here.

Molehill

International Captain
Thanks for the explanation, glad to know some are coming round. However, it’s never occurred to me to dislike a player because of where they live. Our county teams don’t just have local players in their teams. When Anderson can be seen at Lord’s and the Oval, why care that he comes from oop North? (As do I, but south of Manchester).
I don't think it's the English fans who have any issue with Anderson.

Anderson is the GOAT with regard to fast bowling. He is on course to go past the late great Shane Warne in terms of wickets. What's not to love about Jimmy?

Broad is a comedy genius who will be sadly missed when he retires. From the outset when he pretended he could be a top 5 bat to then becoming a number 11, for not walking an edge to slip, inventing the Celebrappeal, the Night Hawk, even his response to Sandpapergate was a thing of beauty. Test Cricket is lucky to have him.

Michelle Fivefer

U19 Cricketer
P.S. Since becoming a wealthy cricketer, Anderson has abandoned his Northern homelands and moved to a posh bit of Cheshire. Still in the North, of course, but with a bit of éclat. ?

Michelle Fivefer

U19 Cricketer
I don't think it's the English fans who have any issue with Anderson.

Broad is a comedy genius who will be sadly missed when he retires. From the outset when he pretended he could be a top 5 bat to then becoming a number 11, for not walking an edge to slip, inventing the Celebrappeal, the Night Hawk, even his response to Sandpapergate was a thing of beauty. Test Cricket is lucky to have him.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
IGetHighonLegSpin, known as IGHOLS, used to be a member on my previous, now defunct forum, Cricket247. But he left a long time ago. Hope he has found success somewhere.
You misunderstand me MF. My post about IGHOLS/Jon Wallflower was a reference to Cricket247 and my time on there as a long-serving but only occasional poster.

Here on CW, we have our own IGHOLS-style agent provocateur. His name is Sledger, though he's largely inactive at the moment.

Anyway, greetings to you all.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Paddles managed to turn me against the entire Kiwi population. I do remember Dan Vettorispin.

That's where I started too. Do you remember the Aussie guy who used to run Fantasy competitions on Test or ODI series? If you won one you were allowed a knighthood to your name, hence how I became Sir Coolerking (mainly thanks to a young Yuvraj!!). I then ended up on the TMS Exiles for years where I think many C247 posters were too (the late great Summer of 77/Rob Cricket Punk as an example). We even played some charity cricket matches on that board. When that died I moved in permanently to C247.
Paddles could turn people against the entire human race tbf.

Post-BBC message boards, I joined three forums - the TMS Taverners one (now defunct), World-A-Team (also now defunct) and Cricket24/7. It's to the credit of people like STT, Marauding Bison, Rey et. al. that Cricket24/7 was kept going so long by a bunch of dedicated people.

Michelle Fivefer

U19 Cricketer
You misunderstand me MF. My post about IGHOLS/Jon Wallflower was a reference to Cricket247 and my time on there as a long-serving but only occasional poster.

Here on CW, we have our own IGHOLS-style agent provocateur. His name is Sledger, though he's largely inactive at the moment.

Anyway, greetings to you all.
Thank you! I look forward (?) to Sledger’s return.

Michelle Fivefer

U19 Cricketer
I like Broad but have been fairly non-commital. However, I’m liking him a lot more recently.

Michelle Fivefer

U19 Cricketer
Paddles could turn people against the entire human race tbf.

Post-BBC message boards, I joined three forums - the TMS Taverners one (now defunct), World-A-Team (also now defunct) and Cricket24/7. It's to the credit of people like STT, Marauding Bison, Rey et. al. that Cricket24/7 was kept going so long by a bunch of dedicated people.
I’ve often wondered what happened to Marauding Bison. Miss him for his name alone. Has anyone heard from him?