• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Welcome to Cricket Web - Cricket Chat

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hi, I'm Morgan, been on the site since 13, wasted half my life on here and still haven't achieved anything. Where's the drugs!???!

Burgey

Yes, well I'm Cameron. Been here since mid-06. Quite like it - roomy, yet friendly at the same time (well, mostly).

Have played cricket for 35 of my 40 years, coach it and try to run a cricket club too. Must say I've enjoyed this joint a great deal - gained a lot of insight and perspective about cricket from the members here. Reckon getting the perspective of cricket followers from around the world is a great thing.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Voltman here. Bowled some adequate leg-spinners in the past but am now a keyboard warrior on here. Follow the Black Caps - but only when they're trying.

I'm a Taurus, enjoy Thai food, and looking for a girl who will accept me for my strengths and my weaknesses.

What? Wrong site?

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Hi I joined back in 2004 when I was a 14 yr old ****wit, a simply country boy. You might say a ****eyed optimist, and I got myself mixed up in the high stakes game of world diplomacy and international intrigue.

I played a lot of cricket when I was at school but only play casually for an old boys team now. Most here know my real name since making the mistake of revealing it many eons ago. I've won Battle of the Members twice already and trolled more threads than I can recall. My best CW friends have ranged from Shounak, Benchmark to Casson and Matteh. I live in North Bondi and I'm enrolled at Sydney University.

Last edited:

vcs

Hi!

I've been reading Cricket Web for a while and I've always found the posts to be genuinely funny, informative and passionate about the game. I'm an Indian student in the US and miss the quality cricket discussions with my friends back home, hence I come on here to get my cricket fix.

I got hooked on to cricket in '91-'92 after India's tour of Australia and the World Cup. Used to play a lot as a kid, but not much lately. I've sporadically lost interest in following the game at times (match-fixing scandal etc.), but always find myself coming back for more. I follow other sports like football and tennis as well. Nothing beats a quality test match though!

I've always been a big fan of Sachin from my childhood, but I've tried to be less of a fan-boy and more appreciative of the game and its rich history as I got older. Still love lots of players though - Lara, Gilchrist, Martyn, Warne, Ambrose, Akram, Bond, Laxman and many others.

Looking forward to (hopefully) see the game flourish in the future, and sharing in the excitement with you guys!

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Not sure if I have ever introduce myself before.

Hi, my name is Brenton and I'm located in Melbourne. My cricket interest is divided between the Australian national team and the Australian domestic competition. A dedicated cricket follower all my life, big fan of the likes of Viv Richards, Shane Warne, Mark Waugh, Brian Lara, Brad Hodge and M. Trinh. Fan of cricketers playing with personality, even bigger fan of watching said cricketers live at the ground.

My own cricketing ability is limited to say the least. Bowl some right-arm medium pacers that I like to believe touch on 140+ K's but in truth would struggle to hit 100 K's. Batting ability is even worse, don't recall ever striking a 6 or even scoring more than 6 in recent years. I believe I won the U/16 batting award many years ago with an average of 15, suggesting some ability may exist.

Craig

World Traveller
Buonasera,

My name is Craig, but pretty much everybody calls me Craigos, and I'm 24. Yeah I'm the bloke responsible for introducing Richard to Cricketweb and several other posters. Like many on this site, I suck at cricket. My best achievement is bowling Neil Pickup in the nets at Exeter CC. My worst when he kept belting me back over my head.

And FYI, despite giving my greeting in Italian (it means 'good evening'), I don't speak Italian. Except to say hello and to tell somebody to GAGF.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Not sure if I have ever introduce myself before.

Hi, my name is Brenton and I'm located in Melbourne. My cricket interest is divided between the Australian national team and the Australian domestic competition. A dedicated cricket follower all my life, big fan of the likes of Viv Richards, Shane Warne, Mark Waugh, Brian Lara, Brad Hodge and M. Trinh. Fan of cricketers playing with personality, even bigger fan of watching said cricketers live at the ground.

My own cricketing ability is limited to say the least. Bowl some right-arm medium pacers that I like to believe touch on 140+ K's but in truth would struggle to hit 100 K's. Batting ability is even worse, don't recall ever striking a 6 or even scoring more than 6 in recent years. I believe I won the U/16 batting award many years ago with an average of 15, suggesting some ability may exist.
M. Trinh < R. Connor.

If you're interested. ;)

http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/off-topic/45974-cw-melbourne-meet-up-21-3-2010-a.html#post2171315

chicane

State Captain
Hi, I'm Sidhanth from Mumbai, India. Been living in Staines, UK, having finished with an undergraduate degree from Uni.Brighton. Soon to return home, have a scarcity of serious cricket followers in my circles wherever I go. This forum remains my only option. I'm 23 years old, have been cricket crazy since 15, and have been lurking here regularly since I joined.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
HI.

I am Swaranjeet.

I wish i could say like Richard, "I'm (sadly) 24" but even my sons haven't been able to say that for a decade :)

I am going to be grandfather this September (high time I would say)

Cricket (except for T-20 which I enjoy as i do cartoon movies) and my dogs are the two loves of my life.
And oh yes, I live in Mumbai, played A Division league in Delhi for 20 years starting 1965 which brought me as team mates or opponents almost all the North Zone First Class cricketers (too numerous to list) and some well know international cricketers like Bedi, Amarnath, Madan Lal, Prabhakar, Arun Lal etc.

Basically an opening batsman I am/was very orthodox in my batting style because of which, in spite of not having played cricket for decades, I never look out of place with a bat in hand in almost any company.

One of the few of my dreams that I haven't been able to fulfill is to have my own cricket academy. I still dream though :-)

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I am a close relative of the Right Honourable Tarquin Fin-tim-lim-bim-whin-bim-lim-busstop-f'tang-f'tang-olè-biscuitbarrel, which gives a clue to my age

I have been on CW around two years and, being completely innumerate, have lost count of how many interesting and knowledgable people I have met here

I love cricket and its history and am often found inhabiting threads that are about the game in days gone by

I will maintain to my dying day that I am a genuine Lancastrian and my greatest hope is to live long enough to see the 75 years of pain assuaged

The bloke in my avatar is the late great Robin Friday

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hi,

I'm 16 and my name's Marcuss, hence the rather original username, and I live in Cornwall, England. I didn't begin following the sport of cricket until the age of 13, thanks to the fallout of the 2005 Ashes. My first experience of playing cricket involved a bouncy ball and a shoe but I began playing hardball cricket for my local Sunday side during 2006 and then made my local county U15 squad for the following summer. I'm an offspinner who knows how to use a bat, also field at slip so I'll just liken myself to Graeme Swann since he's the best cricketer to walk the planet :wub:

I also play a few other sports such as football, rugby and tennis. Where I am a goalkeeper, flanker and embarrasment respectively. Quite frankly, Arsenal are the greatest sporting team on the planet.

Will leave it at that.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah I'm the bloke responsible for introducing Richard to Cricketweb
Worse than Hitler. :-O

I'm Dale, but Brumby to most; increasingly embittered English sports fan. Love cricket, football and both the rugby codes. Looking forward to a day when man loves his brother.

Gay incest a passion of most East Anglians.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Hi, I'm Jungle Jumbo (dire username, sorry), although on here I look somewhat incongruously more like a zebra than an elephant. Physically I closely resemble a human being. I'm 19, from the UK and I've been posting on here since I was about 15. I fell in love with cricket when I was eight, watching (somewhat ironically, for an England supporter) the nadir of the New Zealand series in 1999.

People on here probably come across me mostly because of my slightly odd interest in Bangladeshi cricket. I would advise you at this point to check out the Bangladesh Domestic Season thread, but it's kind of fallen by the wayside over the past few months because of uni commitments. I love being able to post on here because otherwise I would never be able to have a decent chat about cricket with anyone.

Other than cricket, I'm interested in football, literature, and probably not a lot else.