• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Welcome to Cricket Web - Cricket Chat

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Despite being a member for almost 5 years, I dunno if I ever introduced myself to the forum.

I'm Morgan, aged 17. Cricket has long been a passion in my life. Although I never actually played the game outside of the backyard or for school, I have watched the game since I was six (yeah beat that ****s! :p). I currently attend high school in Sydney, Australia, and am in my final year. I dunno what I'm gonna do after that - probably do an Arts degree of some description if I get in.

Although my cricket interest flagged off after 2005 or something (probably the disadvantage of going to a school without many people of Anglo-Saxon or subcontinental breed), it came back (and bigger than ever!) in 2008. Also, the beauty of cricket games (yeah it's kinda dorky, so what! :p) brought me to CW, where I discovered the forum and flourished my cricketing knowledge.

I am a bit of a stats monkey, but more recently I've actually watched more of the game and been able to tell if a player just plain sucks. Also, it sorta helps that I've known people who actually follow cricket to some degree apart from my dad or people on here :p

Obviously due to where I'm from, I support Australia, and don't really like England, South Africa or India :p

Last edited:

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Welcome Paul, Ganesh, Neil and Morgan. :cheers:

The English contingent has been looking surprisingly strong of late - on the field of play and on CW! :)

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
My name's Ganesh and I live in Bangalore, India. Started following cricket seriously after the 1996 world cup and have been a huge fan ever since. Favorite team is India (duh) followed by the windies of yore. I came to CW from another cricket forum after seeing a link to a thread here by JBMAC describing his all time favorite cricketers.

My favorite posters are PEWS and benchmark00 for his scathing witty retorts
This was a very heart warming post until the name PEWS was mentioned.:ph34r:

Welcome anyway. I have been enjoying your thoughtful posts.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Peace.

Born, bred and passionate Wellingtonian. Played a lot of cricket growing up but since moving to the UK my appearances have been limited. Enjoyed playing some village cricket in Warwickshire mind.

Support NZ first, England second and then I'm whimsical about the rest. Always looking for a resurgence in WI cricket so like to see them doing well.

This looks a great forum with some knowledgable posters. I look forward to contributing where I can.

Cheers
We will claim you as a Kiwi even if you hadn't have been born and bred here as long as you support the bcs. I was also born in wellington. Lower Hutt hospital to be precise. Best wishes to you.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Despite being a member for almost 5 years, I dunno if I ever introduced myself to the forum.

I'm Morgan, aged 17. Cricket has long been a passion in my life. Although I never actually played the game outside of the backyard or for school, I have watched the game since I was six (yeah beat that ****s! :p). I currently attend high school in Sydney, Australia, and am in my final year. I dunno what I'm gonna do after that - probably do an Arts degree of some description if I get in.

Although my cricket interest flagged off after 2005 or something (probably the disadvantage of going to a school without many people of Anglo-Saxon or subcontinental breed), it came back (and bigger than ever!) in 2008. Also, the beauty of cricket games (yeah it's kinda dorky, so what! :p) brought me to CW, where I discovered the forum and flourished my cricketing knowledge.

I am a bit of a stats monkey, but more recently I've actually watched more of the game and been able to tell if a player just plain sucks. Also, it sorta helps that I've known people who actually follow cricket to some degree apart from my dad or people on here :p

Obviously due to where I'm from, I support Australia, and don't really like England, South Africa or India :p
I've seen some of your story before in the explain your avatar thread and a couple of others but not in this level of detail. Good post.

I am not going to introduce myself as I did it in the off topic thread when I first joined.

Len_SA

Cricket Spectator
I'm Len. I'm 24 and I'm from South Africa.
I've been watching cricket more or less since the 92 world cup. I haven't played cricket other then a bit of backyard cricket.
I support South Africa through every win, loss and jaw-dropping World Cup exit. Also a bit of a fan of England.
I look forward to sharing views, getting to know fellow posters and (hopefully) adding some value to this forum. Cheers

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Good to have you here, Len!

Need more South Africans, IMHO. And some West Indians, Zimbabweans and Bangladeshis too - teams that I feel are somewhat under-represented on CW.

Quaggas

State Captain
I've been watching cricket more or less since the 92 world cup. I haven't played cricket other then a bit of backyard cricket.
I support South Africa through every win, loss and jaw-dropping World Cup exit. Also a bit of a fan of England.
I look forward to sharing views, getting to know fellow posters and (hopefully) adding some value to this forum. Cheers
Welcome, Len. There are some good SA posters here (see for example SA domestic thread).

Nice avatar!

Len_SA

Cricket Spectator
Thanks Jan and Quaggas- Yeah, big fan of Amla. Awesome batsman and seems like a genuinely nice guy.
He is actually from the same small, fairly anonymous town that I'm from- so his success in international cricket is just that bit more satisfying to see. As you can imagine, he is a big local hero here- with the awesome beard just adding to the aura.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
welcome Len -

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Saffas, saffas everywhere! I think the man in my avatar pic could be one reason for this mass Saffa influx on CW! :) And a very welcome one, IMHO! :cheers:

Last edited:

MrPrez

International Debutant
Cheers Len.
@ OatP: Not really, although he has been awesome! I've been looking for new forums to waste time on, this one was the best (I'm already on cricsim, flaming bails and battrick)

cool4u

Cricket Spectator
Hello Everyone, I am Kunal from New Delhi, India....
I am fond of cricket and ofcourse I love team India and England wud be my second best team ......