• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Welcome to Cricket Web - Cricket Chat

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Ritwick da's post reminds me that I never formally introduced myself as well. Might as well do it now since I've been posting for a few months and really enjoyed myself. :)

I am Dhananjay, 23 years old and my username spells out what I love most in cricket. Grew up in an idyllic Himalayan hill station in Uttaranchal and perhaps inevitably, mountaneering was the sport I first fell in love with. Became reasonably good at that; enough to contemplate a career at one stage. Used to played cricket casually with the tennis ball with some friends (always used to bowl) but never gave it a serious thought or follow the sport regularly.

Moved to the western Indian town, Baroda (incidentally, also famous for its good cricket structure) when I was 15. The city had better educational avenues and I joined a cricket club as well where I managed to hone my modest cricket skills a fair bit. Over the next five years, I was fortunate to play for my school team, represented my club and made into the district under-17 squad. Turned into a slightly more useful cricketer too – improving my batting enough to bat at no. 7 and fielding at short-leg/gully – along with taking the new ball for my team. Played with and against many guys who went on to play professionally, so those years were a terrific learning experience. Moved to Europe last year to pursue my Master’s and it’s been great on the personal and professional front. Not played any cricket since then, except bowling in the nets regularly.

Don’t particularly root for any team, but love to see a good contest between the bat and the ball. Steyn, Jimmeh and Zaheer are current favs while Richard Hadlee is my bowling idol. Have really enjoyed this forum and the knowledge that many forumers have displayed. Hopefully, would stay here for quite some time. Cheers! :cheers:

Last edited:

diteras aka.

Cricket Spectator
hello - another member of the worlds premier cricketing country to regale you all with wisdom beyond the reach of Solomon.
Also the world's wet and cold country where to even think of playing cricket at this time of year makes one shudder.
Cant believe England have given themselves so much time off this year - I suppose it gives the chokers a bit of catch up time - which I note they blew btw.

So England have Finn and Australia have ''unearthed'' Cummins - while in India Fletcher seems to have insisted upon someone bowling fast for his team too. Are we in the new age of the fast bowler or is this another false dawn I ask myself? These things keep me warm waiting for Spring to sprung. :dry:

salman85

International Debutant
That's an interesting point about whether this era could era could give rise to a new set of ATG fast bowlers.It's obviously early to say,but Cummins,Pattinson,Junaid and Finn all look very promising prospects.It would be very interesting to see what each one of them achieves by the end of the decade.Not to be an era basher,but i think there's been a while since 3 young bowlers gave such promising performances at almost the same time.(I'm talking Junaid,Pattinson and Cummins here,since Finn debuted earlier than all 3).

Just when we thought quality fast bowlers were becoming extinct,It all starts to look promising again.

salman85

International Debutant
And going by the 'I've been here for a while now but i've not introduced myself formally' thing,i might as well do mine :

I'm Salman,26 years old.I've been following cricket for as long as i can remember,though i had a sudden decline in interest for the game between 2003-2007,but then my interest became stronger than ever.I'm a very passionate Pakistan supporter,and anything against the team pisses me off,regardless of whether it's coming from an opposition supporter or a Pakistan supporter.

Waqar Younis was my favorite player back in the day,but i've become an equally big fan of Wasim,Imran,Afridi and Shoaib over the years.Winning the T20 World Cup was the greatest moment of my cricket following years,and losing to India at the 2011 WC SemiFinal was the most depressive one.

On the personal front,I changed Standard Bank Chartered as a Management Trainee in 2010,and that's where I've been working since.This is my first job,although right now i'm undecided between switching and staying.

bagapath

International Captain
On the personal front,I changed Standard Bank Chartered as a Management Trainee in 2010,and that's where I've been working since.This is my first job,although right now i'm undecided between switching and staying.
First job? then you should be switching after you complete 18 months. you can stay for upto three years in your second job. if the third job is good give yourself 5 years max. your fourth job which you will start at 35 should keep you on track for the rest of your life. good luck!

actually, you should not listen to me.

salman85

International Debutant
:D

Actually,my decision to switch or not depends on how much more of Banking i can take.The money is good,which is why i don't want to be caught in a situation where i take a low paying job.I'll be getting married in June so i need a job that i both enjoy,and one that also pays well.Difficult i know,but let's see.Hopefully the suffocation i feel in Banking right now goes away soon.

bagapath

International Captain
:D

Actually,my decision to switch or not depends on how much more of Banking i can take.The money is good,which is why i don't want to be caught in a situation where i take a low paying job.I'll be getting married in June so i need a job that i both enjoy,and one that also pays well.Difficult i know,but let's see.Hopefully the suffocation i feel in Banking right now goes away soon.
why are we not invited?

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Should probably introduce myself, been posting long enough.

Name: Paul Cassidy

Born: Dublin

Now live: Colchester, where I'm at uni. Moved to London at the age of 9.

Cricket: Didn't even know it existed when I was a kid, discovered it at school after moving to London, and ended up joining a local club. Had quite a few Pakistani mates, so that kinda drew me into the game. Fell in love with it after going to see an Ashes ODI in 1997 with my uncle, never looked back though had a period 4 years ago where I stopped following it. I'm a general sports enthusiast though, particularly fightsports, boxing etc. Am also somewhat of a gambler, mainly poker. Study Creative writing. Hate batsmen.

ganeshran

International Debutant
My name's Ganesh and I live in Bangalore, India. Started following cricket seriously after the 1996 world cup and have been a huge fan ever since. Favorite team is India (duh) followed by the windies of yore. I came to CW from another cricket forum after seeing a link to a thread here by JBMAC describing his all time favorite cricketers.

My favorite posters are PEWS and benchmark00 for his scathing witty retorts

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
Peace.

Born, bred and passionate Wellingtonian. Played a lot of cricket growing up but since moving to the UK my appearances have been limited. Enjoyed playing some village cricket in Warwickshire mind.

Support NZ first, England second and then I'm whimsical about the rest. Always looking for a resurgence in WI cricket so like to see them doing well.

This looks a great forum with some knowledgable posters. I look forward to contributing where I can.

Cheers