• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Welcome to Cricket Web - Cricket Chat

Josephine17

Cricket Spectator
Hi, I am new here, but not new to cricket, I love it

Hello everyone,

Yes, I know I am a girl, but I just love cricket, it has taken over as my number 1 fav sport, and the past test match between England and India, and subsequent twenty20, and ODI's have had me glued, and on the edge of my seat.
I would like to think I will make many friends here, and hopefully I can learn more about the game.
My partner plays for a local side here, in Bristol, so I have had a good teacher, who has taught me a lot about the game and most of the jargon, the rest I have learned through consistent viewing.
I am a huge animal loving vegetarian too, very political, love science, geology, geography, astronomy, and much more , as long as it keeps my grey-matter going.

Anyway, I look forward to being here, as often as I can

Bun

Banned
hi josephine. pleased to meet you. I am bun, from india. we'd do well with a few more female members to correct the skew here. enjoy your stay.

Flem274*

123/5
Hello everyone,

Yes, I know I am a girl, but I just love cricket, it has taken over as my number 1 fav sport, and the past test match between England and India, and subsequent twenty20, and ODI's have had me glued, and on the edge of my seat.
I would like to think I will make many friends here, and hopefully I can learn more about the game.
My partner plays for a local side here, in Bristol, so I have had a good teacher, who has taught me a lot about the game and most of the jargon, the rest I have learned through consistent viewing.
I am a huge animal loving vegetarian too, very political, love science, geology, geography, astronomy, and much more , as long as it keeps my grey-matter going.

Anyway, I look forward to being here, as often as I can
Absolute legend.

We have an introduction thread in Cricket Chat Josephine, so I'll move this thread in there. Welcome to CricketWeb, I hope you stick around.:)

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
England - 3, Australia - 1 and counting ...

Welcome to the forum, Josephine! It's always refreshing to see girls interested in cricket. And what better time to join than this for an English fan! :thumbup1:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Well, I have been a regular member in the forum for more than 3 and a half years and made more than 3 and a half thousand posts - but I've never introduced myself formally in this thread.

I am Ritwick Chowdhuri, born and brought up in Kolkata and presently staying in Mumbai. I have worked with various giant investment banks doing various sorts of financial modelling, statistical risk modelling, exotic financial derivatives structuting and stuff. I am watching cricket starting from India's tour down under in 1991, and Sachin Tendulkar is my favorite cricketer ever since. I'm all fanatic about good test cricket and ODI WC. Besides cricket, my interests lie in statistics, classic art movies and chess. Initially I was very interested in investing time in quality analysis of cricket stats, but then found out that in spite of my interests in that field there's not much incentive there compared to the time and energy invested and quality of the outputs (and processes). Maybe again during my old age, when I shall have more spare time, I'll be able to again invest time there.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Nice to know you, Ritwick da. Enjoy your posting on this forum quite a lot. Turns out that you are a man of distinguished tastes outside of cricket too. :cool:

Been a pleasure!