• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Welcome to Cricket Web - Cricket Chat

Howe_zat

Audio File
...about 18 months ago I caught a bit of the Bangladesh tour of the West Indies (more like WI D team) and have been hooked ever since then. I now consider myself to be a fanatic of anything related to Bangladesh Cricket, and have no affection for the England team anymore :unsure:
Nice. Take that, Tebbit! :laugh:

Have fun on the boards mate.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Welcome Challis - always great to see and hear from supporters of the smaller cricketing nations on the forum :)

bagapath

International Captain
welcome, mate. it is a fun place. a bit short of bangla love, though. you have a duty to fulfill.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Hi,

I've been a lurker on this site for the past couple of months, mainly during the Ashes and the SA vs India series. I like the banter that goes on and with the World Cup coming up I decided that I want a piece of the action :cool:

I hope I can add something to this forum, particularly regarding the team that I support (see avatar). I'll try and give my input in anything related to Bangladesh Cricket.

Although I was born in Bangladesh, I grew up in the UK and supported England when I was a kid (Graham Thorpe was my favourite batsmen, so underrated). But about 18 months ago I caught a bit of the Bangladesh tour of the West Indies (more like WI D team) and have been hooked ever since then. I now consider myself to be a fanatic of anything related to Bangladesh Cricket, and have no affection for the England team anymore :unsure:

I look forward to conversing with you guys, particularly the WI and NZ supporters: :starwars:

Sounds ominous.

Challis

U19 12th Man
[/B]

Sounds ominous.
haha I suppose it did a bit, I just meant I think that these two teams will be Bangladesh's biggest rivals in the foreseeable future.A few weeks back I read some posts by a WI supporter pretty much dismissing Bangladesh as still being minnows, so I see scope for debate on this. To be fair to NZ supporters they have mostly been gracious when discussing Bangladesh but when NZ play Bangladesh I sense a rivalry forming and more episodes like this:-

YouTube - Shakib vs Nathan || Sledging & Shakib takes his wicket || Bangladesh vs New Zealand 2010

Athlai

Not Terrible
haha I suppose it did a bit, I just meant I think that these two teams will be Bangladesh's biggest rivals in the foreseeable future.A few weeks back I read some posts by a WI supporter pretty much dismissing Bangladesh as still being minnows, so I see scope for debate on this. To be fair to NZ supporters they have mostly been gracious when discussing Bangladesh but when NZ play Bangladesh I sense a rivalry forming and more episodes like this:-

YouTube - Shakib vs Nathan || Sledging & Shakib takes his wicket || Bangladesh vs New Zealand 2010
Looking forward to it.

turnstyle

State 12th Man
Time to introduce myself.

Hi, I'm Andrew. Born in Australia with Irish parentage, escaped to the U.K a few years back on my Irish passport. Have been following the boys in green since they became an associate back in the early 90's.

It hasn't been anywhere near smooth sailing. Those first 10 years were difficult. Constantly thrashed by minor county sides, then Angus Dunlop's impersonation of Gavaskar in the '97 ICC Trophy to basically gift the Scots the 3rd World Cup '99 spot was a real low point. I thought things might look brighter when Ken Rutherford took over soon after but then came the 2001 ICC Trophy in Canada :wacko:. But thanks to guys like Adi, Ed Joyce, and T.J, The the last half decade has been a real pleasure to watch. Flew over to Belfast in 2009 for that sensational game against the Poms. Cracking days worth of cricket! Fingers crossed for this World cup. Can't really see us winning a game against anyone except the Dutch, but you never know..

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
Time to introduce myself.

Hi, I'm Andrew. Born in Australia with Irish parentage, escaped to the U.K a few years back on my Irish passport. Have been following the boys in green since they became an associate back in the early 90's.

It hasn't been anywhere near smooth sailing. Those first 10 years were difficult. Constantly thrashed by minor county sides, then Angus Dunlop's impersonation of Gavaskar in the '97 ICC Trophy to basically gift the Scots the 3rd World Cup '99 spot was a real low point. I thought things might look brighter when Ken Rutherford took over soon after but then came the 2001 ICC Trophy in Canada :wacko:. But thanks to guys like Adi, Ed Joyce, and T.J, The the last half decade has been a real pleasure to watch. Flew over to Belfast in 2009 for that sensational game against the Poms. Cracking days worth of cricket! Fingers crossed for this World cup. Can't really see us winning a game against anyone except the Dutch, but you never know..
Never count our Pakistan when talking about upsets. You guys beat us last time and kicked us out of the tournament. Good luck this time around. I hope you guys don't kick us out again.

smash84

The Tiger King

Welcome to CW Challis. I hope bangladesh develop their winning habit and carry over the form of the NZ series over into the WC. I hope they don't beat us again like they did in the 99 WC :).....best of luck buddy and keep posting.

hjardine

Cricket Spectator
Hi.

Am 37, from India. Bowl medium pace, bat a bit. Haven't played much competitively after college. Nowadays it's mostly nets with a few friends.

I started following cricket during India's 1982-83 tour of Pakistan (when we were beaten 3-0 in a 6 Test series) and became and stayed an Imran Khan fan. Others I enjoyed watching were Kapil Dev, Donald, Hoggard and Gough.

Am obsessed with the Bodyline series and read all I can about it - you know now what the "h" in my username stands for.

Looks like a good Sunday coming up with India-Ireland.

Last edited:

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hi.

Am 37, from India. Bowl medium pace, bat a bit. Haven't played much competitively after college. Nowadays it's mostly nets with a few friends.

I started following cricket during India's 1982-83 tour of Pakistan (when we were beaten 3-0 in a 6 Test series) and became and stayed an Imran Khan fan. Others I enjoyed watching were Kapil Dev, Donald, Hoggard and Gough.

Am obsessed with the Bodyline series and read all I can about it - you know now what the "h" in my username stands for.

From one Bodyline tragic to another - welcome - hope you stick around

jan

State Vice-Captain
Hi guys,
have introduced myself in the "Introduce yourself" thread and looking round the forum a bit. Im from non-cricketing country and Id like to talk cricket so its possible Im gonna flood you with questions ;)

Now back to work (meaning news on Cricinfo and sipping coffee).

smash84

The Tiger King
Hi.

Welcome to the forum hjardine. Imran Khan is my all time favorite too as you will find out from my postings on the forum (and my avatar) :)........

I hope you have a good time here.

Hi guys,
have introduced myself in the "Introduce yourself" thread and looking round the forum a bit. Im from non-cricketing country and Id like to talk cricket so its possible Im gonna flood you with questions ;)

Now back to work (meaning news on Cricinfo and sipping coffee).

Welcome Jan. I read that you are from the Czech Republic. So how did you become interested in cricket?

I hope you have a good time on CW

A-cashmoney

Cricket Spectator
hi, i am Aakash. Born and brought up in India currently living in US. I have been reading the forum here since a month. though i should join the action. I enjoy watching left handed batsman bat. Sachin, Lara, Smith, Gilly, Ganguly, ABDV are some of my favorites.