• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Welcome to Cricket Web - Cricket Chat

slinga-james

Cricket Spectator
Hey guys/girls and otherwise.
I am James live in a hick town called Motueka.
I love cricket and have been playing for two years and am the strike bowler for my high school team. I bowl left arm medium by international standards with a slinging malinga/tait kinda action and occasional left arm chinaman.I bat at 7 too.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Hey guys/girls and otherwise.
I am James live in a hick town called Motueka.
I love cricket and have been playing for two years and am the strike bowler for my high school team. I bowl left arm medium by international standards with a slinging malinga/tait kinda action and occasional left arm chinaman.I bat at 7 too.
Good lord, I didn't even realised they had the internet in Mot.

Welcome in.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Hello everyone,

I'm a relatively new cricket fan (17 years old) who didn't particularly like the game when i was younger (crazy, i know) and only recently, as my brain cells began to function properly, have I fully appreciated the game. Obviously I got caught up in the whole Ashes 05 thing, like everyone in the country, but it wasn't till the build up to the 09 Ashes that I really got into the game and began to understand the little details of it that make it so interesting and intriguing. I used to play and was decent but didn't particularly enjoy it, but now that I've grown fond of the game, I've found myself to be a medium pacer and *ahem* 'useful' lower order batsman. Cricket season isn't till summer so I don't really know what standard I'll be. Reeeally excited about upcoming Ashes and am now fully converted into a cricket obssessor :)

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Hello everyone,

I'm a relatively new cricket fan (17 years old) who didn't particularly like the game when i was younger (crazy, i know) and only recently, as my brain cells began to function properly, have I fully appreciated the game. Obviously I got caught up in the whole Ashes 05 thing, like everyone in the country, but it wasn't till the build up to the 09 Ashes that I really got into the game and began to understand the little details of it that make it so interesting and intriguing. I used to play and was decent but didn't particularly enjoy it, but now that I've grown fond of the game, I've found myself to be a medium pacer and *ahem* 'useful' lower order batsman. Cricket season isn't till summer so I don't really know what standard I'll be. Reeeally excited about upcoming Ashes and am now fully converted into a cricket obssessor :)
You've come to the right place, mate. Welcome.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Great :) Look forward to some good cricket talk and taking in everyone's knowledge of the game.

joels344

U19 Debutant
Hello, I'm Joel. I've been looking for a good Cricket Forum and I'm glad that I found this one. Nice meeting everyone!

Checkmate

School Boy/Girl Captain
Hello

Hey everyone,

My name's Jithin, and I'm 22 (almost 23). I've been thoroughly enjoying CW for around 3 years now but haven't really posted much - hope to do so more often now that I'm less busy with school and stuff. I live in the US but spent my childhood in Kerala, India, which is where I fell in love with cricket. Haven't had much chance to play or watch cricket live other than the rare few times my family goes home unfortunately. I am going home next month though so I hope to catch some of the SA series.

At home, whenever I did play cricket, I played with my brothers, cousins and a few neighborhood kids in our little front yard using rubber balls. Basically, one of us would bat while the 3-5 others bowled/fielded/kept wicket. The field was surrounded by woods such that the only way to get runs was either driving straight, nudging it into the offside, or playing to third man (downhill, so an automatic four). As a result, the straight drive is the only shot I'm any good at. Also, we didn't count sixes as the ball would always get lost. I'm pretty proud of my bowling though. The wicketkeeper has to stand directly behind the stumps regardless of how fast the bowler was, but they always ran away when I bowled :cool:. I love bowlers who bang the ball into the pitch, like Flintoff and Johnson, and I'm also a Sreesanth fanboy :ph34r:.

Mike5181

International Captain
I have had the boost unlimited phone and service for about 2 weeks now. I love it, it is a great plan. There is currently only 2 phones that work with boost unlimited at the moment, only thing I see that can really be improved. Yes you need extra funds on your account for downloading. I have the Unlimited plan for minutes,texting, and web for only $55 a month in my area, with the first month free.
Whats up with this dude?

Challis

U19 12th Man
Hi,

I've been a lurker on this site for the past couple of months, mainly during the Ashes and the SA vs India series. I like the banter that goes on and with the World Cup coming up I decided that I want a piece of the action :cool:

I hope I can add something to this forum, particularly regarding the team that I support (see avatar). I'll try and give my input in anything related to Bangladesh Cricket.

Although I was born in Bangladesh, I grew up in the UK and supported England when I was a kid (Graham Thorpe was my favourite batsmen, so underrated). But about 18 months ago I caught a bit of the Bangladesh tour of the West Indies (more like WI D team) and have been hooked ever since then. I now consider myself to be a fanatic of anything related to Bangladesh Cricket, and have no affection for the England team anymore :unsure:

I look forward to conversing with you guys, particularly the WI and NZ supporters: :starwars:

Fusion

Global Moderator
Welcome to the forum Challis. It's great to have fans of Bangladesh join as we don't always get too many of you guys. Hope you enjoy the experience of being on CW. :)