• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which was the more painful defeat for Australia?

Which was the more painful loss?

• Total voters

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd wager that 1981 was more painful than either of the ones listed.
I agree, from what I've read about it, it seems to be England's version of the 2001 comeback from the dead that India pulled out, with Botham and Willis taking Laxman and Harbhajan's places.

Also agree with the previous comment that the 2005 win for England gave the Ashes and the sport as a whole, a much bigger profile, without Australia losing respect either.. I mean, I'm not even Australian or English and I was on the edge of my seat for most of that series and eagerly anticipated the 2006 return.