• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bowlers with similar bowling actions

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Jason Lewry and Zaheer Khan
Waqar Younis and Darren Gough (Gough specifically modelled himself on Waqar)
Merv Hughes and Peter Siddle
Courtney Walsh and Mervyn Dillon
Joel Garner and Mervyn Dillon
Lionel Baker and someone I simply cannot put my finger on (there are similarities with Corey Collymore and Ed Giddins, but there's someone he resembles even more)
Mushtaq Ahmed and Adil Rashid
Richard Dawson and Marlon Samuels (without the suspect quicker-ball in the former's case)
:unsure: and :blink:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yup. Studied Waqar during the 1992 tour, having been an utterly ineffective county bowler up until that season. In 1993 he bore the fruits of his labour, using both conventional and reverse swing to bowl far better than ever, and never looked back.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Yup. Studied Waqar during the 1992 tour, having been an utterly ineffective county bowler up until that season. In 1993 he bore the fruits of his labour, using both conventional and reverse swing to bowl far better than ever, and never looked back.
I have no doubt he paid attention to Waqar in 92 but I dont think modelled himself, actionwise, on Waqar as such. The 1993 reference you mention had far more to do with Richie Richardson compared to Waqar.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Waqar Younus and Ravindra Pushpakumara
Abdul Qadir and Mushtaq Ahmed
Saqlain Mustaq and Shoaib Malik
Bruce Ried and Nuwan Zoysa