• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mystery Draft 3 - Global Premier League

Athlai

Not Terrible
Round 1

1. Goughy (SL) Gilchrist $1,000,000 Murali $1,100,000
2, Himmanv (WI) Marshall $2,100,000
3. Athlai (SA) Flower $600,000 Flower $1,2000,000
4. Marcuss (IND) Murali $1,000,000
5. Michael (ENG) Tavare $100,000 Flower $700,000
6. Pothas (NZ) Hadlee $1,500,000
7. Blakus (PAK) Imran Khan $2,000,000
8. Cevno (AUS) G Chappell $400,000

Round 2

1. Cevno (AUS)
2. Blakus (PAK)
3. Pothas (NZ)
4. Michael (ENG)
5. Marcuss (IND)
6. Athlai (SA)
7. Himmanv (WI)
8. Goughy (SL)

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Hey Michael it strikes me that you may have thrown Tavare in there since you wanted Flower but as it was your nomination if you lose to me you must take him for 100k unlike the opposing bidder who lost their nomination.

So if I lose Flower I could choose to take Tavare or not. If you lose Flower then you must take Tavare.

Athlai

Not Terrible
He can bid in 2 hours unless someone bids on his player in that time (which I think is unlikely).

Himannv

International Coach
Hah, certainly would.. What happens if someone misses out on a player, or a bidding war doesn't end?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Hah, certainly would.. What happens if someone misses out on a player, or a bidding war doesn't end?
If somebody bids on your player, wins, and you don't want their player for the current bid price then you select TWO players in your next turn.

And a bidding war should end considering we only have a budget of $10,000,000 with a mandatory minimum of $100k a player. Right now the max you could put on anyone is $9,000,000 since you will need ten more players for your team, and they would be entirely at the mercy of everyone else who can outbid you every time.

If both players have thrown all their funds at a player I think the player who is first in that rounds order wins them.

Himannv

International Coach
Barring those bidding for Murali, have all the other players been sorted? Has the next round started? Will those still bidding in round 1 be able to start bidding in round 2 as well?

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
So know,what am i supposed too do?

Bid for a player in the previous round or bid for someone new in the second round?
Confused.

Himannv

International Coach
I have a feeling that you should start with round 2.. Unless perhaps you go for Murali as well.. :s

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well you bid for him with less than two hours to go. Not sure if that qualifies as last minute or not...If I doesn't then you get Murali and I get first refusal on Gilly?

If it is last minute... 2.1m Murali

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
well you bid for him with less than two hours to go. Not sure if that qualifies as last minute or not...if i doesn't then you get murali and i get first refusal on gilly?

If it is last minute... 2.1m murali