• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Will West indies and Pakistan ever recover?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The information I've read on it suggests that the test is not even designed to identify how old someone is, merely to show whether their growth is in accordance with expectations bearing age in mind.

Last I read of it was 13 years ago, however, so possibly a new test has been created since then.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The information I've read on it suggests that the test is not even designed to identify how old someone is, merely to show whether their growth is in accordance with expectations bearing age in mind.

Last I read of it was 13 years ago, however, so possibly a new test has been created since then.
They use them for FIFA underage events, and shock horror, all of a sudden African and Asian nations aren't excelling at under age tournaments they way they used to.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
All of this is interesting, but has anyone actually got some sort of link to some sort of idiot's-guide to the whole thing (that is, idiot's-guide which is still factually correct - admittedly not the sort of thing straightforward to find)?

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
I'm sorry, but if my parents had told me when I was 5 that I was 3, I'd have believed them. If someone is 2-3 years older than they're listed and have always believed that they are so, there's no way they're going to know that they're older.
For heaven's sake! what kind of parents would do that?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Dunno - clearly some do in some places though. Else we'd not have listed ages as different from actual ones.

shivfan

Banned
For heaven's sake! what kind of parents would do that?
In the rural areas of some countries, they count the age of players from when their birth was officially registered, as opposed to when they're actually born....

Sometimes, the difference can be a couple of years.