• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sourav Ganguly thinks KKR will win...I think not

shikha

Banned
Sourav Ganguly has bet on the fact that the raw pace of his side would help his kolkata knight riders win the tournament. I bet it was a slip of tongue, because Shane Bond is anything but raw pace. He is fast, he is rapid, but in every sense of the word, he has the line and the length to go with it – not the definition of raw pace.

However, moving on, it is not Bond that I talk about. It is the others in the side that Ganguly speaks about; most notably ishant sharma and ajit agarkar. By no stretch of imagination does Ishant possess raw pace any more. He does not even have the pace, forget the rawness. It is more of an old man with a walking stick bowling at 130 km/hr.

Agarakar is a story by itself. With an ability to crank it up to the 140 km/hr, he reminds me of mohammad sami. Hardly any built, but can bowl at a decent pace, and yet, bowls those one or two boundary balls an over.

With a line-up consisting of these two bowlers, I do not see how does Ganguly think the KKR side can win it this time. Do you think so?

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm not sure what the moderation policy is on posts like the above as I doubt that its even the poster's thoughts given some of his earlier efforts. And although I haven't clicked on the link in his signature the url looks a bit odd doesn't it? I'm not interested in finding out but thought I'd just point it out.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
It's cut-and-pasted directly from a blog on a website called the CRIC fan club dot com. CW won't let me post the link here.

Last edited:

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Waqar Younis has been appointed as pakistan’s latest cricket coach. Why latest? Because he became the fourth person in the last three years to assume the mantle, clearly showing the lack of direction within the Pakistani ranks.

Younis has replaced Intikhab Alam as the coach. No problems with that, given that Alam looked to be going nowhere with his strategy and was more of a father-figure to the side, than a shrewd tactician or master motivator. Else, the team wouldn’t have gone down so tamely in australia; 9-0.

The funny bit is that the joke by the name of the Waqar Younis contract runs till the end of December 2011. That is a good 21 month long sign-up! In a country where coaches have fell by the wayside after every bad series or two, the 21- month long contract is almost eternity.

How many months does Waqar last is a question that would be on everyone’s l i p s, but when you have countrymen like Javed Miandad who were very candid in saying that Younis is the wrong choice as the coach of the side! Not that Miandad has too many fond memories of any foreign coach either, which makes it possible that he was gunning for the position himself!
... And as Andy C has pointed out, this one was also stolen from the same cricket website as the OP.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I thought any thing relating to the KKR couldn't get more dire. And we all know they will surprise us all with the title this year, but I don't give a ****.

Whatever.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I hope anybody but Kolkata or Bangalore win.. I can't stand grandstanding owners like SRK and Mallya.