• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Guess who's coming to dinner...

Xuhaib

International Coach
I would love to have Sachin come for dinner. Have always wondered what is going on inside the politically correct exterior of his. What did he feel about the match fixing episode and the other controversies like Sydney and the Denness issue.

I am pretty sure we will remain forever in the dark about his side of the events as I don't see him publishing a tell all book.
He does not need the money now ever will but can see this as one of the best selling sports autobio of all time.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
The problem will be to get Barnes to open his mouth and to get Both to shut his :)
Barney would have plenty to say I reckon - it would just all be muttered contemptuously under his breath. :)

I'd have Don Bradman and Jack Fingleton on one side of the table

... and Douglas Jardine and Harold Larwood on the other

I'd obviously be at one end of the table, and I'd have my old friend Ian Chappell at the other

There'd be plenty of English ale for the drinking of but the food may not be up to much as I'd need Burgey and Mr Z as chefs - not knocking their culinary abilities as I know nowt about them but, as I'm going to be judge and jury, both sides will need to be legally represented - might be best to get Tony Greig to deliver a pizza
Braddles and Jack would be fiery enough without even needing to add the others…

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Great thread Burgey!

Mushtaq Ahmed
Jack Hobbs
Maurice Tate
C Aubrey Smith
Kumar Sangakkara

A naked Laura Marsh will serve us drinks.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Wisden's 5 cricketers of the 20th Century would make for some good dinner companions I think.

Bradman
Warne
Hobbs
Richards
Sobers

jeevan

International 12th Man
You guys are aware that when a photo-shopped picture comes to life, it takes the form of a blow up rubber doll - right?

Might even work for some of you, not that there's anything wrong with that.