• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The atmosphere in Cricket Chat - Suggestions & Discussion

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
We (as well as many members) are concerned about the current atmosphere within the Cricket Chat forum and we would like to open up this thread to suggestions and ideas on how to improve the Cricket Chat experience for all members.

Please use this thread for clean discussion of ideas without resorting to abuse and/or finger pointing.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
One suggestion that Agent TBY had was to separate out another subforum for player X vs. player Y discussions.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I don't know how this will help - but for me the main problem is the same topic spilling into seven or eight threads. If one thread is off the charts in poorness, you can just not check it. When the same horrible discussions are occurring everywhere, it becomes awful. It seems like guerilla warfare at times, read CC and you'll read what we want you to.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And it's ****ed given that I only really come here for CC (I go elsewhere for OT).

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Not noticed it. I have never read every thread, only the ones that have a title that interests me. I dont open the ones Im not interested in. For myself, there is no problem in CC.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I'm not one for posting in CC a lot, but I read it often enough, and I've noticed that over the last few days it has been seriously bad, almost to a farcical level. But I agree with Corrin, almost every single thread seemed to be Tendulkar vs Someone. Not really sure what can be done about it, but I agree that the whole thing is just dire.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah, pretty sure CC was **** before Sachin scored 200.

Though, imagine if Sachin took down Cricinfo and Cricket Chat as well :ph34r:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I presume Tendulkar doesn't interest you then, Goughy :p
Fair to say. I dont have a lot to say on internal Indian matters in general or interest. I dont mind a lot of Tendulkar threads as they are not for me and not something I would read if there was 1 or 30.

Agent TBY

International Captain
One suggestion that Agent TBY had was to separate out another subforum for player X vs. player Y discussions.
I didn't limit the suggestion to just that. Comparative threads of any sort will always end up going in the same direction, regardless of whether it's Team X v Team Y or any of the "Best" threads, because the same ****s will post the same bull****.

It won't, obviously, stop all the pro/anti India/Australia crap, but it'll take the stats stuff elsewhere. I mean, it has gone beyond dissecting Cricinfo stats and into dissecting poll stats FFS. Need to draw the line somewhere.

James

Cricket Web Owner
I've just deleted morgieb's post.

As Manan (slientstriker) mentioned in his initial post, keep the discussion friendly and don't finger point towards certain member(s). It doesn't help at all.

Last edited:

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
SJS should post more often - as he has universal respect he calms the ****s down when they get excited

Likewise LT - his unique style will often have the same effect, though for rather different reasons :)

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Think it has become a total parody of itself in the last few weeks, which we can all take the blame for really. Basically though people just need to remember that it is an internet forum and not world war 3.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The internet is very serious business you know, people should not be allowed to be wrong on it. [/sarcasm]

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'm in the same boat as Goughy inasmuch as I've missed the majority of the current contretemps. It's probably a sad reflection on the current state of affairs tho, because I'm pretty much resigned to the Sachin v .... threads not being overly illuminating and threads with titles like "Is India really safe or is it a media beat-up" don't gladden the heart with expectation on the overall level of debate either.

More draconian moderating is needed, IMHO. Reckon if 4 or 5 repeat offenders were banished for a while things would soon get back to normal.