• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sangakkara vs Pietersen

Who is the better test bat?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Pretty sure this was discussed in a heap of threads of late.

I vote Pietersen because he plays for England and I like England players better. There, easy.

masterblaster

International Captain
Kumar Sangakkara is by far the more versatile and more consistent player. You don't even need their career records to figure that one out.

gwo

U19 Debutant
Sangakarra at this point in their careers, but I believe Pietersen will make a much better fight of it by the end of his career.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I think we need to weed out the biased English vote, discuss preferences for skin tone, and analyse their respective swaggers at the crease.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Kumar Sangakkara is by far the more versatile and more consistent player. You don't even need their career records to figure that one out.
What's Sangakkara's record like against Warne and McGrath?............:ph34r:

Seriously, I'm not even going to bother getting into this conversation. I'll just let wtf_ben(insertrandomnumbershere) make a **** out of himself.

Last edited:

G.I.Joe

International Coach

Seriously, I'm not even going to bother getting into this conversation. I'll just let wtf(insertrandomnumbershere)_ben make a **** out of himself.
Doesn't count unless said runs were made in Pakistan.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The irrelevant third option made me laugh, the suggestion that Pratters is better than anyone, heh.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The irrelevant third option made me laugh, the suggestion that Pratters is better than anyone, heh.
Realise it's in jest, but no need to aggravate what's already a bit of a tense situation between you guys.

Anywho, would definitely take Sanga over KP at this stage. Still early days for KP (and Sanga too, tbf, he's only 32), so who knows in a few years time.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Sanga just seems a way way way better bloke.
I'd defo agree with this. However, the fact that KP is a bit of a jackass just makes me like him more. You don't find many nicer than Sangakara though, seems like a really top bloke.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year

Seriously, I'm not even going to bother getting into this conversation. I'll just let wtf_ben(insertrandomnumbershere) make a **** out of himself.
Are there any bowlers other than Warne and McGrath?

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Definietly, the runs made against them worth 100 times than rauns made against the others.