• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sunil Gavaskar v Ian Healy

Who is the worst commentator?

• Total voters

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nah totally agree. It's also the way he talks which puts that impression forward. Like he's a grade 2 teacher or something.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I'm indifferent to Shane Warne as a commentator, I mean he is worth listening to all day when it comes to leg spin, or him talking about spin in general, as obviously he knows a thing or two about the art, but apart from that, I can't stand him.

If there is any sense left in Ch 9, they should get somebody like Boycott out for the Ashes. He is a classic.
Has his days IMO. He'll go through periods when everything he says is garbage and other times he's great.

Spark

Global Moderator
I dearly hope they invite some commentators down for the Ashes. I enjoy the England Sky commentary vastly more than Channel 9's.

pasag

RTDAS
I dearly hope they invite some commentators down for the Ashes. I enjoy the England Sky commentary vastly more than Channel 9's.
Just too full as it is. Getting worse with guys like Warne and Gilly making one-off appearances in their home state.

Fully agree though. Bring the whole sky team down bar Botham and sack everyone in the current box.

Spark

Global Moderator
Just too full as it is. Getting worse with guys like Warne and Gilly making one-off appearances in their home state.

Fully agree though. Bring the whole sky team down bar Botham and sack everyone in the current box.
Yeah. Keep Richie I reckon.

Even Botham would be better than some of the Ch9 guys, definitely don't find him anywhere near as irritating as Healy/Grieg. I mean... the bit during the 3rd ODI where they kept talking absolute bull**** instead of cutting straight over to the Sky commentary made me want to smash my head on a wall.

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Might not be the right thread to post this one, but not sure how many have read this one. ITSTL

Sunil Gavaskar's Cowdrey Lecture: full text - News Archive - News - Lord's

Getting back to the thread topic, I, for a change, quite like Gavaskar as a commentator (not because I'm an Indian). Yes, I hate his almost-always anti-Australian stance, and his over-fanboyism for Sachin. But, I find him an entertaining commentator, especially in test cricket, as well as someone who understands the game in and out.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
As a commentator, I think Sunny is a million times better than Healy...

It is when he starts writing columns that Sunny tends to lose perspective, I feel. :)