• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

G.I.Joe Mango Book Project

G.I.Joe

International Coach

I will be writing a book on mangoes from their sapling days to the disposal of the seed. It will be my own personal perspective, thoughts and analysis on mangoes. I believe I can have enough material for a salad book.

For the book, I would be needing help from fellow cw members on small details and some small questions I might have which I might forget. So could some of you willing to help drop me an email at g.i.joemango @ gmail.com to confirm?

It is to be done over a period of 2-3 years or so by the time a dozen crates are consumed, so we have enough time. If I can devote myself to consuming (and I have some 100 crates from the past 30 years apart from some preserves to dip my sticky fingers into) and suck on even 10 seeds a month or get ideas streamlined and then strain a crateful of pulp in one shot who knows how it will flow. :naugh...

10 mangoes a day and the tasty process it would entail makes me think that we can have a nice 350-400 bottle preserve here if we get the contents ready.

This is just a rough figure. It could be less or more.

So give me a few suggestions and wish me luck in getting my hands sticky writing this book. This is a book I really feel like writing.

Cheers.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
As the first person to bring back the Mango into the sunlight I believe I could provide some assistance.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
BTW, If you plan do devote a chapter to the competition, I've got some good oil on Tendulkar's capricious affair with that pineapple :naughty:

pasag

RTDAS
This is a book I really feel like writing.
And you claimed not too long ago that you choked after eating 175 mangoes chasing a 300+ target . You have been gloating as if you have something to do with the mangoes success and going after everyone that ever said anything about a mango.

When you write your Book, please do mention what you said after that 175 mango eating session. I am sure it will be a NY Times best seller.

Agent TBY

International Captain
I hope you don't approach the book in a strictly chronological fashion. If you do, I'm not going anywhere near this one, even if I read reviews of it online.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
And you claimed not too long ago that you choked after eating 175 mangoes chasing a 300+ target . You have been gloating as if you have something to do with the mangoes success and going after everyone that ever said anything about a mango.

When you write your Book, please do mention what you said after that 175 mango eating session. I am sure it will be a NY Times best seller.
:laugh:

Sir Alex

Banned
:lol: Fantastic thread.

Good luck GI Joe. Firstly you are trying to squeeze in the history of a fruit which dates back to Alexander's days and secondly you are trying to condense the tastes of a billion plus into one book.

G.I.Joe

International Coach

Why, you puckered orifice! I am 99.99% sure you are not allowed to question my gastronomic abilities.

Last edited:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member

I will be writing a book on mangoes from their sapling days to the disposal of the seed. It will be my own personal perspective, thoughts and analysis on mangoes. I believe I can have enough material for a salad book.
Lucky you crossed that out.

You don't win friends with salad.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member

:laugh:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
This thread has nothing to do with the any other fruit, but obviously because a mango is involved, I have to step in and make sure everyone knows that Kakadu plum > Mango.

Mango is grown in climates that make it easy for them. Now the Kakadu plum may not be as good in tropical conditions, but that's a fluke. Overall, if you look at production of mangoes and Kakadu plums, you can easily see Kakadu plum has a more complete growing record all over the world.

Plus, when you grow mangoes with carrots, the mangoes never grow properly, while the kakadu plum destroys the carrots.

So in conclusion Brush cherries > Indian gooseberry.

PS. Did you know that one of the people who ate a mango once went to Paris for holiday one time?