Cricket Player Manager

Thread: Cricket on Ice - St Moritz

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!

Cricket on Ice - St Moritz

I was in St Moritz, Switzerland on the 3rd and 4th of this month and at the hotel reception desk I found cards and pamphlets of Cricket on Ice.

Curious, I picked up one and found that the semi finals and the finals were next morning. I decided to go to the lake where the games were being played and watch it before we left for Zurich where we had to get before late afternoon.

Next morning at breakfast, as I was getting up, I noticed quite a few men at another table with shirts saying Cricket on Ice. They turned out to be some of the players playing in the tournament. They seemed in no hurry to get to the ground and it was already late. I told myself that these guys may not be playing the first game. With wife, son and daughter-in-law we trooped on to the "ground". It was in a fabulous location but there was no sign of cricket going on and it was a full hour after the game was to start.

None of my family were keen to wait so I clicked some pictures of the great setting and moved on. Here are the pictures.

You can see the cricket area in two of the pictures with a orange boundary defined by those plastic cut out sheets like the ones used by civic authorities to cordon off areas where work is going on.

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Sorry. I forgot the pictures.

SJS, were the Cricketers speaking English? Did they look like they'd be locals or people from more popular Cricket countries?
    NRL Tipping Champion 2014

Over 0.2: Putland to Nevill, OUT, no run, full ball swings in late to crash into his pads. Nevill is almost falling over trying to get bat on it but can't. Huge shout for LBW and Umpire Martell eventually raises the finger! P.Nevill - lbw b:Putland 0 (1 ball, 1 minute).

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    SJS, were the Cricketers speaking English? Did they look like they'd be locals or people from more popular Cricket countries?
    A couple of them looked like they were from the subcontinent and a couple were white. Our table was not close enough to hear them.

From the pictures on their site there seem to be Asians dominating but there are whites too.

Cricket on Ice, St Moritz

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Later, when we were to catch the train to Zurich, I ran off to the edge of the lake (the station is on the edge of the lake) and saw some cricketers practicing and clicked some pictures. It was from far off but you can see the cricket

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Pratters's Avatar
    Excellent stuff SJS. Thanks for posting the pics. Love the last one. Have set it as desktop wallpaper. I have seen the highest cricket pitch in the world in Chail in Himachal Pradesh as a teenager.

Read Rain Men and Penguings Stopped Play which is about a cricket XI which played in every subcontinent if you want.

Thread Information