• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tendulkar v Mangos

slippyslip

U19 12th Man
I vote Tendulkar because mangos can only grow in certain countries and on flat ground.

If it was Tendulkar vs apples then its apples - no contest.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If you're talking Bowen mangoes then I fear this thread has yet again turned into (insert Australian here) vs Tendulkar.

I'd vote mangoes anyway (although not the overly thin variety from the Philippines), they're delicious. I'll leave it to others on here who have actually tasted Tendulkar to comment on the comparison between the two.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
With a last name of Bowen I really have to go for Mango in this duel against Tendulkar. However, they are both delicious.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
All this discussion is lacking is someone to definitively establish that kangaroos are, in fact, incredibly superior to either option.

My guess is that there will be 102 posts averaging 73 lines which, to rest of us simpletons, will boil down to: Kangaroos can leap over Tendulkar while devouring a box of mangoes and have also brought water to three WC winning teams.
There's always one who has to bring an Australian player into the mix isn't there. Nevertheless, Bowens do have a good case

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I just Googled "Sachin Tendulkar eating mango" and found this..

It was mango-eating time again on Thursday night, except that it went a little bit vrot towards the end.
You will remember that Peter Roebuck, finest of all cricket writers, once described watching Sachin Tendulkar in full flight as “eating a ripe mango”. Down the Track could not have said it better (not that we have any pretentions in the fruit shop here).
Watching Sachin slamming his 175 against Australia was like eating a case of ripe mangoes. Then one of them went vrot. He skied a ball, was caught — and the entire Indians fells apart, like a vrot mango.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
My wife votes Tendulkar because you cant worship a mango:)

I vote mango because I am an atheist :dry:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
My son says Tendulkar is greater because Warne eats mango for breakfast and Tendulkar eats Warne :happy:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
'As world wide support for mango's, from cricket spectators and fruit consumers alike, steadily grows, the popularity of Sachin Tendulkar has certainly taken a soft tissue bruising bouncer from his fiercest competitor'

- Pictured Below -