• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the best middle order batsman these days?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
A silly response is the best response to a silly question.

Apart from "what is middle-order" (some would call it three-seven; some would call it four-six) there's the obvious question of what constitutes "these days" or "right now". As I, and others, have said before, "the current time" can mean anything, it has no significance.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
A guy can't even post a simple question on cc these days without its validity being questioned and definitions demanded.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
A guy can't even post a simple question on cc these days without its validity being questioned and definitions demanded.
Personally I don't want "simple questions" like this being posted really - I think in this case "simple" amounts to "completely irrelevant".

I think there are more interesting things to be discussed TBH.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
He's made two posts though Rich, maybe you could be a bit more welcoming. This thread has about as much purpose as Tendulkar V XXX, or even two threads declaring two different batsmen to be the best in the world, a week apart from each other. There's nothing wrong with this thread at all.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
In my opinion. Middle constitutes 4-6 no 4 batsman, no 5 and no 6 are solid middle order.

Having said that,

its a hard comparison to make...Names that come to my mind are like, Laxman, A B Dev, Clarke, KP, Prince, Chanderpaul, Yousuf, Yuvraj, Dhoni....

Now its hard to say who is the best.....i guess i would go with AB Devil!

Shri

Mr. Glass
Personally I don't want "simple questions" like this being posted really - I think in this case "simple" amounts to "completely irrelevant".

You aren't making any of the said interesting threads either.:p

Just take what you can get Mr. 70k.

edit: or the soon to be 80k.<_<

I was going to say Hussey but I guess he is washed up if players like Prince, Chanderpaul, Yousuf, Yuvraj, Dhoni can get a run before him.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
He's made two posts though Rich, maybe you could be a bit more welcoming. This thread has about as much purpose as Tendulkar V XXX, or even two threads declaring two different batsmen to be the best in the world, a week apart from each other. There's nothing wrong with this thread at all.
There's nothing wrong in the sense that it won't kill anyone (well, anyone of sound mind...), but that applies to every thread ever. The plethora of Tendulkar threads over the last few days has been irritating no-end as well.

I don't think making one post saying, midly sarcastically, "Craig McMillan" is even close to as unwelcoming as plenty of other posts towards n00bs down the years. Almost anyone needs a vaguely thick skin to survive around here, after all.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
There's nothing wrong in the sense that it won't kill anyone (well, anyone of sound mind...), but that applies to every thread ever. The plethora of Tendulkar threads over the last few days has been irritating no-end as well.

I don't think making one post saying, midly sarcastically, "Craig McMillan" is even close to as unwelcoming as plenty of other posts towards n00bs down the years. Almost anyone needs a vaguely thick skin to survive around here, after all.
No, fair enough

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Who the **** gives you the right to talk about what should be discussed.

What should we all be talking about: FCA; or why every nineties player is better then everyone else; or that run-rates are more important in ODIs then wickets; or why irishmen should play for england; or one of the myriad of other subjects you've decided to bore everyone here, which wouldn't be that much of a problem if you didn't wish to dictate how others should post, particularly newbies.

Your a troll who wants everything in this forum posted in your image, it's a joke.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I can't see how it's an irrelevant question, myself. A discussion regarding the best middle order batsman on a cricket forum? Seems pretty reasonable to me.

Now it's no secret Dicko brings me out in hives, but, even by his Himalayan heights of arrogance, attempting to dictate what's debated is just, wow.

You don't see the point, don't post in the thread. FFS.