• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the best middle order batsman these days?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Who is the best middle order batsman these days?
Welcome mate!!

* Best middle batsman who is still playing these days: Sachin Tendulkar
* Most useful middle order batsman: Jacques Kallis with his bowling thrown in.
* Best middle order batsman who hasn't played an official match for his country these days: George Bailey
* Most elegant middle order batsman these days: Has to be VVS Laxman
* Best song consisting the words these days; Powderfinger, these days.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Who the **** gives you the right to talk about what should be discussed.

What should we all be talking about: FCA; or why every nineties player is better then everyone else; or that run-rates are more important in ODIs then wickets; or why irishmen should play for england; or one of the myriad of other subjects you've decided to bore everyone here, which wouldn't be that much of a problem if you didn't wish to dictate how others should post, particularly newbies.

Your a troll who wants everything in this forum posted in your image, it's a joke.
Learn to write properly before perpetuating your ill-informed garbage. I'll say what I consider should be discussed if I feel like doing so. No-one can dictate what is and isn't discussed, least of all you, and people have as much right to criticise the fact that someone is attempting to initiate a discussion they consider useless as people have to initiate useless discussions.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I can't see how it's an irrelevant question, myself. A discussion regarding the best middle order batsman on a cricket forum? Seems pretty reasonable to me.

Now it's no secret Dicko brings me out in hives, but, even by his Himalayan heights of arrogance, attempting to dictate what's debated is just, wow.

You don't see the point, don't post in the thread. FFS.
There are many threads where I do such a thing; there are the odd others where I post saying "this isn't a discussion with very much going for it".

Many people attempt to suggest what is and isn't discussed - I no more dictated it than you'd like me to have dictated it.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
There are many threads where I do such a thing; there are the odd others where I post saying "this isn't a discussion with very much going for it".

Many people attempt to suggest what is and isn't discussed - I no more dictated it than you'd like me to have dictated it.

A silly response is the best response to a silly question.

Apart from "what is middle-order" (some would call it three-seven; some would call it four-six) there's the obvious question of what constitutes "these days" or "right now". As I, and others, have said before, "the current time" can mean anything, it has no significance.
Personally I don't want "simple questions" like this being posted really - I think in this case "simple" amounts to "completely irrelevant".

I think there are more interesting things to be discussed TBH.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What's the point brumbers, you and I know he's talking rubbish, but the cogniscenti of this site will rule in his favour, so like scaly or others we'll probably be banned.

I actually want to be banned, FFS the man is being utterly contradictory. yet he's allowed to carry on with his nasty attacks at all that disagree with him.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
What's the point brumbers, you and I know he's talking rubbish, but the cogniscenti of this site will rule in his favour, so like scaly or others we'll probably be banned.

I actually want to be banned, FFS the man is being utterly contradictory. yet he's allowed to carry on with his nasty attacks at all that disagree with him.
Does the fact that you're in a tiny minority with this perception of yours not suggest to you that you're actually woefully wrong? No, of course, it doesn't. Nonetheless, you are. There's a reason "the cogniscenti of this site" "rule" the way they do - it's because they're far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far more clued-up on me and my personality than you ever have the remotest hope of being with your prejudiced mindset. I've said it quite a few times before - any attempt by you to comment on me results in errors of judgement on an embarrassing scale.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Does the fact that you're in a tiny minority with this perception of yours not suggest to you that you're actually woefully wrong? No, of course, it doesn't. Nonetheless, you are. There's a reason "the cogniscenti of this site" "rule" the way they do - it's because they're far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far, far more clued-up on me and my personality than you ever have the remotest hope of being with your prejudiced mindset. I've said it quite a few times before - any attempt by you to comment on me results in errors of judgement on an embarrassing scale.
Source?

JBH001

International Regular
Personally I don't want "simple questions" like this being posted really - I think in this case "simple" amounts to "completely irrelevant".

I think there are more interesting things to be discussed TBH.
Dude, its quite clear what "middle order" means. If you dont like it, dont post.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The fact that only a tiny number of posters post the sort of vitriolic crap that grecian throws my way at every available opportunity (ie, whenever the subject of me crops-up anywhere).

If more people thought what he thought, you'd see posts like his from far more posters.

BTW I trust this "osho" turned-out to be a d00plicate, presumably of "gap2"? Not such a problem that we weren't very welcoming in this case, so it turned-out...

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wtf happened here? The irony of this in light of the "Atmosphere in CC" thread is not lost on me.

You been taking angry pills Richard? You can't have known the OP was a dupe when you made your initial posts, that diatribe was extraordinary really.

Thank **** I joined in 06 and didn't post my first ever thread these days, was something cod ordinary about how mentally strong Shane Warne was given his marriage trevails and his performances in 05. Would have no doubt been ****-canned and probably not have come back.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Perfect example of what's wrong with CC at the moment. Average thread (hardly earth-shattering) but considering I was compelled to read it, nothing too much wrong. Behaviour from one or two senior members on this thread is more than questionable. Would report a post, but don't know where to start.

Last edited: