• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Richards v Tendulkar - ODIs

Who is the best ODI batsman of all time?

• Total voters

bagapath

International Captain
I voted for Tendulkar in the ODI poll and for Richards in the Test poll. If it were about the two of them as cricketers I would vote for Viv without batting an eyelid coz I consider Test cricket to be the ultimate form of the game and in that Viv is ahead of Sachin. Sachin, IMO, is marginally better ODI batsman if at all anyone could be better than Viv. Since one is an opener and the other one was a middle order bat I would have them both in my XI before even looking at others. My Indian nationality cannot be the reason for my voting for Sachin. Anyone saying otherwise should think for a moment whether they have started judging people based on their nationalities/race etc. If that were the case, sadly, they are racisits deep down.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My Indian nationality cannot be the reason for my voting for Sachin. Anyone saying otherwise should think for a moment whether they have started judging people based on their nationalities/race etc. If that were the case, sadly, they are racisits deep down.
Racists? Really?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Wow 27 pages of discussion on people contesting the fact that on average, more Indians would vote for Sachin Tendulkar and more West Indians would vote for Viv Richards?

We're going to have a 30 page debate on whether the Earth goes around the sun next?

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
The last time I checked discrimination on the basis of color means racism. Anyway I won't reply to you on this further.
And Aussies generally cannot lecture others about discriminating by color. Aussies of old have been serial offenders of it for a long time.

And Aussies generally cannot lecture others about discriminating by color. Aussies of old have been serial offenders of it for a long time.
Thats what happens when you become a multicultral society, you seem to get the best and worst of all races.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Thats what happens when you become a multicultral society, you seem to get the best and worst of all races.
Last time I checked out India was too multi cultural. Has to apply the same theory about them. You get the best and the worst of it. Any way I have no intentions of hijaking this thread, so I am gonna stop here.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wow 27 pages of discussion on people contesting the fact that on average, more Indians would vote for Sachin Tendulkar and more West Indians would vote for Viv Richards?

We're going to have a 30 page debate on whether the Earth goes around the sun next?
Haha, well it's an emotive issue. There are obviously a number of people who wouldn't have voted for Tendulkar had they not been Indian, but we don't know who those people are and individuals feel very offended by the suggestion that they might be one of them.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Cricket Chat ****ing sucks imo. Ventured in here for a couple of days because I was bored, and good lord.

Way to be ****s, all of you. Get a ****ing grip and realize what you're doing. FMD.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cricket Chat ****ing sucks imo. Ventured in here for a couple of days because I was bored, and good lord.

Way to be ****s, all of you. Get a ****ing grip and realize what you're doing. FMD.
Why is this news though? Been like this for the best part of a year.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Why is this news though? Been like this for the best part of a year.
Not this bad, though. For a while it actually made me support India even though I haven't cared about Cricket for a long time now. Now it's just painful.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If you lot think CC is bad today, wait until tomorrow when I start my series of Paul Collingwood threads.

Interesting fact about Paul Collingwood: he was only the second man to score a ton and tae 5 in an ODI. The first? Viv Richards. Therefore, Collingwood > Tendulkar.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
A point you continuously keep missing. I've acknowledged such a pattern isn't exclusive to Indian fans about 5 times now, can't you read?
On this particular poll (& you can analyze other polls at your own convenience), Indians generally rate Sachin Tendulkar higher than others do, and by a comfortable margin. Are you still denying that? An answer would be appreciated. If you do still deny the fact, we've nothing further to discuss[/QUOTE]

It is not a simple black and white Yes/No answer. It really depends who are you asking. If you are asking a group of youngsters who have not watchted IVAR and have not had the opportunity to indulge in reading cricket related stuff on a daily basis (through places like CW) then yes you will be right.

If you are going to start a poll after a major milestone has been achieved by a cricketer then again yes the poll results will seem to suggest that fans are over-rating Tendulkar. I can guarantee on such grand occasions even Afridi will compete toe-to-toe with Sir IVAR, should there be a poll asking something like who is the most destructive batsman of something like that.

However If you decide to take a poll when the dust has settled down, fans are a lot more sober then I can guarantee you that the result will be far far difficult. I will give you an example here itself. SJS voted for Tendulkar in one of the recent Richards Vs. Tendulkar thread, but if you read his post in that he clearly stated his preference and reason for voting Tendulkar.

Maximus0723

State Regular
people just cannot acknowledge that nationality isn't the only way to be biased and have wayward opinions.

also, there are many pessimistic Indians fans. Just talk to my dad side. :dry:

Btw, we should change the title of the thread.