• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Richards v Tendulkar - ODIs

Who is the best ODI batsman of all time?

• Total voters

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Any more comments on this issue will be deleted in this thread, and warnings will start coming to those who keep it up. More girls will not sleep with you because you're the biggest tough guy on the internet.

Let it go. If you don't like a post, report it, and then shut up. You do not have to reply to it. Put the guy on ignore. Talk about cricket. Why are people so self-absorbed that they cannot see how they are ruining the experience, and the forum, for the majority of others who don't care about people's personal ego trips?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Any more comments on this issue will be deleted in this thread, and warnings will start coming to those who keep it up. More girls will not sleep with you because you're the biggest tough guy on the internet.

Let it go. If you don't like a post, report it, and then shut up. You do not have to reply to it. Put the guy on ignore. Talk about cricket. Why are people so self-absorbed that they cannot see how they are ruining the experience, and the forum, for the majority of others who don't care about people's personal ego trips?
:wub:

I hope you put on the cape for this one.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
21-21 to Richards and Tendulkar in the poll.
Love the poll result at the moment. An even 21.
Utterly irrelevant tbh, there's about 20 zillion Indian supporters on this forum these days. What's the neutral view?..i.e the result when you exclude Indian & West Indian fans/supporters. That's the result that will actually provide 'universal context' if that's what you want. However if you're merely interested in who your fellow supporters voted for, just look at the overall result of 21-21.

I don't know the forum names well enough to distinguish the Indian/West Indian supporters from the neutral supporters & I may be wrong, , but have a sneaking suspicious the neutral view may not quite be 50/50 :ph34r: Perhaps someone else is able to shed some light on that.

Something Richard used to do well when creating subjective polls was to provide more voting options to identify what 'neutral' posters thought, hence generally providing better context. Just a thought

Last edited:

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Utterly irrelevant tbh, there's about 20 zillion Indian supporters on this forum these days. What's the neutral view?..i.e the result when you exclude Indian & West Indian fans/supporters. That's the result that will actually provide 'universal context' if that's what you want. However if you're merely interested in who your fellow supporters voted for, just look at the overall result of 21-21.

I don't know the forum names well enough to distinguish the Indian/West Indian supporters from the neutral supporters & I may be wrong, , but have a sneaking suspicious the neutral view may not quite be 50/50 :ph34r: Perhaps someone else is able to shed some light on that.

Something Richard used to do well when creating subjective polls was to provide more voting options to identify what 'neutral' posters thought, hence generally providing better context. Just a thought
In relation to this, if anyone can be arsed, it might be interesting to know how many India and non-India supporters voted each way

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member

That's a really idiotic post.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member

Stupid post.
Many Indian supporters have voted the other way.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Can you do a tally for us? I'm not 100% sure who's who
There are people who have voted who have 0,2 8 and 9 posts here.

How is it possible to tell whom do they support?
Besides if there are Indian supporters here,there are also some on here who would vote against anything Indian.
Do not want to start another argument,but this is pretty clutching at straws stuff by Zinzan.

Athlai

Not Terrible
There are people who have voted who have 0,2 8 and 9 posts here.

How is it possible to tell whom do they support?
Besides if there are Indian supporters here,there are also some on here who would vote against anything Indian.
Do not want to start another argument,but this is pretty clutching at straws stuff by Zinzan.
There is no one on this forum that would vote against anything Indian.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Richards vs Abbas?

Farking hell man. Wake up to yourself.
I think what that was pointing out,was that there was someone with similar strike rate and near average to richards during the era he played in.

And Richards arguments could be used for him too.It was not about comparing the two directly.Infact it was a counter to those who were saying that when richards played a strike rate of 60 was very good in Odi's and when Sachin played a strike rate of 90 was normal.
Which as i showed by other stats too,and as Sir alex showed was a ridiculous argument.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
There is no one on this forum that would vote against anything Indian.
As i said,do not want another controversy,but i can see a few.

Perhaps not always ,but on most occasions they are pretty much on the other side of the debate.Anything was perhaps a exaggeration.

Btw,there are pretty many who do not want to rate Tendulkar against almost anybody here.While do not think there are pretty many against Richards like that.Some of the arguments made by this lot are ridiculous.

Btw,infact many who voted for Richards would have not seen him bat live and are basing their opinions on stories they have heard.And more often then not,these stories do not contain lows,like they would have witnessed live for Tendulkar.So that has to be taken into equation too.

Just my opinion,not a slight at someone.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Btw,infact many who voted for Richards would have not seen him bat live and are basing their opinions on stories they have heard.And more often then not,these stories do not contain lows,like they would have witnessed live for Tendulkar.So that has to be taken into equation too.
That is a pretty interesting point. It is always the case with legends of the game. With time people start romanticizing them. This will also be the case with Sachin, I believe.