Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Pratters Tendulkar Book Project

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Pratters's Avatar

Pratters Tendulkar Book Project

I will be writing a book on Tendulkar from his early days to the end of his career. It will be my own personal perspective, thoughts and analysis on Tendulkar. I believe I can have enough material for a book.

For the book, I would be needing help from fellow cw members on small details and some small questions I might have which I might forget. So could some of you willing to help drop me an email at pratterscricket @ gmail.com to confirm?

It is to be done over a period of 2-3 years or so by the time he retires, so we have enough time. If I can devote myself to researching (and I have some 10000 Sports Magazines from the past 30 years apart from some books to refer to) and write even 10 pages a month or get ideas streamlined ad then write 40 pages in one shot who knows how it will flow.

10 Pages a month and the lovely process it would entail makes me think that we can have a nice 350-400 page book here if we get the contents ready.

This is just a rough figure. It could be less or more.

So give me a few suggestions and wish me luck in writing this book. This is a book I really feel like writing.

Cheers.

International Debutant Dissector's Avatar
    Sounds like a cool idea. If you have the time I would really recommend analysing Tendulkar's important innings ball by ball through Cricinfo. I think there are a lot of fresh insights possible through detailed analysis of the commentaries.

Banned
    I wish you good luck in

1. Capturing Tendulkar's 24-25 years of cricket in 300-400 pages
    2. Getting a "comprehensive" book done on him before he even retires

Yes, I would write on how he played so many of his bigger knocks so differently from others in his own genius way. Most fans don't know much about these knocks except the scorecards but a deeper analysis will show the genius Tendulkar is.

I know a fair few ways Tendulkar played some of his knocks but how can I get extra information?

We can then select knocks and analyse them one by one. Sounds great.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Alex View Post
    2. Getting a "comprehensive" book done on him before he even retires
    Yeah there was the Shane Warne autobiography which came out in the middle of his career. So I would plan it after he retires for sure. The more he plays, the more material I get.

Good luck with the project Pratters! I'm sure you'll have a blast writing the book.

Make sure you don't forget to ask critics as well.That's what makes a book.... spicy.

I'm not getting anywhere near this one until I read a few favourable reviews of it online.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    lol.. Pratters, all the best!!!

Anything u think I can help with, juz mail me.. honestbharani at gmail dot com.. I would help with whatever I can.. Have basically watched every single one of his innings, I think
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Will do dude. Thanks.

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    I hope you don't approach the book in a strictly chronological fashion

Why do you say that? What alternative way would you suggest?

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    What about keeping it to his cricketing career alone? And go through the different phases of his career in whichever way seems most interesting... Than stick to the timelines and stuff.. For instnace, we could talk about the 99-2003 period first when it seemed he lost his attacking ways and had become an accumulator then contrast that with his first peak of 1996 to about 1998 - early 1999.... When he was batting like a Richards reincarnate...

Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    I'm not getting anywhere near this one until I read a few favourable reviews of it online.

I give this book idea 8/10. That said, it has won an award from Bookideasonline.com.
    GIMH likes this.

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratters View Post
    Why do you say that? What alternative way would you suggest?
    There's no way you're going to be able to cover his entire career adequately within 400 pages, and frankly, those books aren't as interesting to read

I'm no writer but If i wanted to do this I would structure the book in such a way that you addressed the main issues surrounding his playing years while picking examples from his career to illustrate your argument

So for example.

An issue could be

- Match winning ability(Or something like that). Then you could go through selecting innings and matches that provide the discussion for either argument, providing your own analysis and personal thoughts regarding his role.

- Another idea could be his success against Australia and contribution towards India becoming no1.

IMO, if you structure your book this way not only do you cover the most important aspects of his career (If done properly obviously) but your book will actually accomplish something rather than simply being a recount of his cricketing life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information