• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pratters Tendulkar Book Project

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah things like that. There has to be countless of books out there that will write simple biographies once his career is over, but one that addresses certain issues would definitely stand out as a must read for Sachin/cricket fans. Lets be honest, straight to the fact cricketing biographies are usually dead boring once you've read one about a player.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah things like that. There has to be countless of books out there that will write simple biographies once his career is over, but one that addresses certain issues would definitely stand out as a must read for Sachin/cricket fans. Lets be honest, straight to the fact cricketing biographies are usually dead boring once you've read one about a player.
Indeed... And there are facets of Sachin that matter more than his cricketing achievements alone.. At least from the perspective of an Indian. The fact that he never does cigar or liquor ads and had the maturity to turn them down when he was only 21 is something that I feel should be highlighted in a big way.. Maybe devote a chapter to the sort of maturity and understanding he has of his role as India's foremost sports hero in this day and age of the Global Village... How he has lived up to that respnsibility is what makes Sachin great for me, more than his cricketing achievements alone...

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Perhaps even some mention of his popularity overseas as a reflection of his character. He was always immensely popular here

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Defnitely.. And peer respect. Blokes like Warne and Lee have the greatest regard for him, not just as a cricketer but as a person.. That is pretty amazing, I feel, for as a man who is basically worshipped in his own country, he could have thrown more tantrums against opponents and gotten away with it, but to his credit he never did..

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Indeed. Even from a public perspective. Australian crowds aren't known to be that hospitable and Sachin has been one of the few players never to 'receive' it from the crowds here.

pasag

RTDAS
HBF.

A thorough biography has been done and unless it's just a personal project for you and your friends to read, you need to find an interesting niche like what Got Spin has been saying. Either that or you have access to people for interviews or new information which might be difficult for a new author.

If it was me and judging by what you were passionate about, I'd restrict it to Tendulkar post-injury, title it "The Greatest Comeback of All Time" and frame it as the great comeback of a king who everyone thought was down and out. Like The Gladiator or Rocky 5.

Good luck mate.