Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sachin Tendulkar - Best Batsman In The World

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Pratters's Avatar

Sachin Tendulkar - Best Batsman In The World

Sehwag is for tests but if you take it over all, you have to say it's Tendulkar.

As L_Trumper says -

An absolutely incredible performance. He should have done it in NZ when he got out for 160 odd. But this time he timed it perfectly. Since 07 WC he is the best batsman in the world. With only one failure in SL in three years. How apt that he is the one who score first ever 200 in odis, now just hope that none of the "so called" dashers cash against minnows and spoil this record.

Being the best batsman in the world at the age of THIRTY SIX. Absolutely incredible.
    Last edited by Pratters; 24-02-2010 at 08:39 AM.

Banned
    Failed by God standards in England also. Although no shame because was undone by some umpiring.

He didn't get out for 160-odd in NZ, he retired hurt IIRC.

But yeah, since the diastrous 2007 WC he's been the best overall batsman in the world.
    Last edited by Jono; 24-02-2010 at 08:37 AM.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Sehwag right now. On form, Sachin is probably the third best batsman in the Indian side, after Sehwag and Gambhir.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

I don't think SS realises we're talking about all forms, since he doesn't believe in ODIs

In fact, does SS know Sachin scored a double ton today? :-o

Hilarious that you mentioned it - I was wondering what was up with all the Sachin threads in CC, he obviously isn't playing any Tests, and neither is any country.

Checked cricinfo just now based on this thread - and that explains it. Sounds like a good ODI innings, but really has no bearing on my answer obviously .

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    hilarious that you mentioned it - i was wondering what was up with all the sachin threads in cc, he obviously isn't playing any tests, and neither is any country.

Checked cricinfo just now based on this thread - and that explains it. Sounds like a good odi innings, but really has no bearing on my answer obviously .

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Alex View Post
    Haha, no need for that. Yes, if I were to say 50% ODI and 50% Tests, he may be the best in the world right now.

Dhoni is the best bat in the ODI side, Sehwag in the best in the Test side so dunno. Would still have Sehwag overall esp with Twenty20s.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Yeah I agree Dhoni is the best in ODIs. I was thinking of mentioning this when I started the thread while coming home in the evening but forgot about it.

Warner is the best in T20s IMO but it is all an opinion thing regarding T20s. There are not enough T20s to conclusively decide who is the best in it.

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Hilarious that you mentioned it - I was wondering what was up with all the Sachin threads in CC, he obviously isn't playing any Tests, and neither is any country.

Checked cricinfo just now based on this thread - and that explains it. Sounds like a good ODI innings, but really has no bearing on my answer obviously .
    Lol why do you continue to put yourself through this. You're only torturing yourself.

This entire ODIs are meaningless, Tests are everything bull**** is so overdone. Pratters put on this show with his "Shows how much I care about ODIs" comment after the first match. And after this match, clearly shows just how much he cares. Clearly he would not have even clicked the scorecard had he really not cared.

No matter how much of a "I'm a purist" crap people might put forth, deep down inside a true cricket fan is one that just loves the competition between bat and ball. All you guys care about is proving yourselves as purists. Complete bull****!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbinator View Post
    Lol why do you continue to put yourself through this. You're only torturing yourself.

This entire ODIs are meaningless, Tests are everything bull**** is so overdone. Pratters put on this show with his "Shows how much I care about ODIs" comment after the first match. And after this match, clearly shows just how much he cares. Clearly he would not have even clicked the scorecard had he really not cared.

No matter how much of a "I'm a purist" crap people might put forth, deep down inside a true cricket fan is one that just loves the competition between bat and ball. All you guys care about is proving yourselves as purists. Complete bull****!
    Excellent!

I forgot today there was a match as well Turbinator until the 35th over or so when some one reminded me Tendulkar had scored a ton. I really don't care. I only care about Sachin. As some one mentioned, ODIs still exist only for Sachin to reach 100 international centuries.

EDIT - I am not saying ODIs have zero value. They obviously are valuable but not as valuable as tests.
    Last edited by Pratters; 24-02-2010 at 09:02 AM.

Its so good to have Turbinator back on CricketWeb.

Agreed. One of the warmest posters. I love you Turbs. <3

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information