• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sachin Tendulkar - Best Batsman In The World

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Sehwag is for tests but if you take it over all, you have to say it's Tendulkar.

As L_Trumper says -

An absolutely incredible performance. He should have done it in NZ when he got out for 160 odd. But this time he timed it perfectly. Since 07 WC he is the best batsman in the world. With only one failure in SL in three years. How apt that he is the one who score first ever 200 in odis, now just hope that none of the "so called" dashers cash against minnows and spoil this record.

Being the best batsman in the world at the age of THIRTY SIX. Absolutely incredible.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
He didn't get out for 160-odd in NZ, he retired hurt IIRC.

But yeah, since the diastrous 2007 WC he's been the best overall batsman in the world.

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Sehwag right now. On form, Sachin is probably the third best batsman in the Indian side, after Sehwag and Gambhir.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I don't think SS realises we're talking about all forms, since he doesn't believe in ODIs :p

In fact, does SS know Sachin scored a double ton today? :-o

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Hilarious that you mentioned it - I was wondering what was up with all the Sachin threads in CC, he obviously isn't playing any Tests, and neither is any country.

Checked cricinfo just now based on this thread - and that explains it. :laugh: Sounds like a good ODI innings, but really has no bearing on my answer obviously :p.

Sir Alex

Banned
hilarious that you mentioned it - i was wondering what was up with all the sachin threads in cc, he obviously isn't playing any tests, and neither is any country.

Checked cricinfo just now based on this thread - and that explains it. :laugh: Sounds like a good odi innings, but really has no bearing on my answer obviously :p.
8-)

pasag

RTDAS
Dhoni is the best bat in the ODI side, Sehwag in the best in the Test side so dunno. Would still have Sehwag overall esp with Twenty20s.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Yeah I agree Dhoni is the best in ODIs. I was thinking of mentioning this when I started the thread while coming home in the evening but forgot about it.

Warner is the best in T20s IMO but it is all an opinion thing regarding T20s. There are not enough T20s to conclusively decide who is the best in it.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Hilarious that you mentioned it - I was wondering what was up with all the Sachin threads in CC, he obviously isn't playing any Tests, and neither is any country.

Checked cricinfo just now based on this thread - and that explains it. :laugh: Sounds like a good ODI innings, but really has no bearing on my answer obviously :p.
Lol why do you continue to put yourself through this. You're only torturing yourself. :p

This entire ODIs are meaningless, Tests are everything bull**** is so overdone. Pratters put on this show with his "Shows how much I care about ODIs" comment after the first match. And after this match, clearly shows just how much he cares. Clearly he would not have even clicked the scorecard had he really not cared.

No matter how much of a "I'm a purist" crap people might put forth, deep down inside a true cricket fan is one that just loves the competition between bat and ball. All you guys care about is proving yourselves as purists. Complete bull****!

Sir Alex

Banned
Lol why do you continue to put yourself through this. You're only torturing yourself. :p

This entire ODIs are meaningless, Tests are everything bull**** is so overdone. Pratters put on this show with his "Shows how much I care about ODIs" comment after the first match. And after this match, clearly shows just how much he cares. Clearly he would not have even clicked the scorecard had he really not cared.

No matter how much of a "I'm a purist" crap people might put forth, deep down inside a true cricket fan is one that just loves the competition between bat and ball. All you guys care about is proving yourselves as purists. Complete bull****!
Excellent!

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I forgot today there was a match as well Turbinator until the 35th over or so when some one reminded me Tendulkar had scored a ton. I really don't care. I only care about Sachin. As some one mentioned, ODIs still exist only for Sachin to reach 100 international centuries.

EDIT - I am not saying ODIs have zero value. They obviously are valuable but not as valuable as tests.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Dhoni is the best bat in the ODI side, Sehwag in the best in the Test side so dunno. Would still have Sehwag overall esp with Twenty20s.
Yeah T20s changes it a bit.

If we were just talking Test and ODIs, I do agree that Sehwag is right now better than Sachin in tests, and Dhoni is slightly better in ODIs, but combined Sachin seems the most consistent performer.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever

I do like a contest between bat and ball. That's why I watch Test cricket and baseball :p. If I want to watch a contest between bat and bat, I'll watch ODIs. Anyway, I don't want to ruin this thread. I simply didn't know about the double - I'll remove myself from this thread now.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator

Post of the year.