• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sachin Tendulkar - Best Batsman In The World

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah he is scoring quickly but there doesn't seem to be any risk in his game at all. In his prime there used to be chances.
Yeah I love watching Sachin at the moment because he looks like a man completely at ease with himself, he is in total command of everything that he does and it is done an entirely unhurried manner. Think this sort of play is only capable from someone that has already gone through a period of decline/anxiety and come out the other side.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Tendulkar's SR - both in his career and over the last 12 months - completely shows up the fallacy that you have to be a slogger to be a quick scorer.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The most amazing thing about him is how he can continue to learn new shots and new ways to get runs... The reason his game appears risk free is simply because when others play the shots he does, there is always something wrong... With him, it is amazing how little is wrong. I mean, he still would have his flaws and they would be probably be exaggerated if he plays this way on a seaming track, but he just seems to work out the situation, the conditions and which way to play much quicker than any other batter in the world... At times, bowling to him is like bowling to the computer at professional difficulty when you have just bought the game.. He has a shot for everything!!!

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Lol why do you continue to put yourself through this. You're only torturing yourself. :p

This entire ODIs are meaningless, Tests are everything bull**** is so overdone. Pratters put on this show with his "Shows how much I care about ODIs" comment after the first match. And after this match, clearly shows just how much he cares. Clearly he would not have even clicked the scorecard had he really not cared.

No matter how much of a "I'm a purist" crap people might put forth, deep down inside a true cricket fan is one that just loves the competition between bat and ball. All you guys care about is proving yourselves as purists. Complete bull****!
Awesome, every single word of it

Maximus0723

State Regular
The most amazing thing about him is how he can continue to learn new shots and new ways to get runs... The reason his game appears risk free is simply because when others play the shots he does, there is always something wrong... With him, it is amazing how little is wrong. I mean, he still would have his flaws and they would be probably be exaggerated if he plays this way on a seaming track, but he just seems to work out the situation, the conditions and which way to play much quicker than any other batter in the world... At times, bowling to him is like bowling to the computer at professional difficulty when you have just bought the game.. He has a shot for everything!!!
This is very true. Definitely the first part.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
My thoughts exactly, except, he has three shots for every thing.

JBH001

International Regular
For me its the thought processes that Sachin Mark II brings to the crease. The sheer sense of organisation allied to skill in execution. Just wonderful to watch him go about his work when he gets in and settled. Its like observing a master craftsman at the apex of his ability: sheer talent allied to experience and maturity.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
for me he has over the past couple of years come back strongly into the discussion on best after bradman....richards, chappell, sobers, lara, hobbs et al in the discussion as well so it's still not clear-cut, but very arguable....

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
for me he has over the past couple of years come back strongly into the discussion on best after bradman....richards, chappell, sobers, lara, hobbs et al in the discussion as well so it's still not clear-cut, but very arguable....
You were doubting he would be finished after world cup 2007 if I remember.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
yes i was, i didn't think with all his injuries taking their toll he had a 2nd wind in him...however i happily admitted i was wrong quite a while back so there is no slip-up here to "catch"...:)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
:) His injuries were overplayed by the media. Tendulkar said in an interview with Bhogle even Kallis had tennis elbow and not much was made of it.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
And you claimed not too long ago that he choked after he scored 175 or smething chasing a 300+ target . You have been gloating as if you have something to do with Tendulkar's success and going after everyone that ever said anything about Tendulkar.

When you write your Book, please do mention what you said after that inning of 175. I am sure it will be a NY Times best seller.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And you claimed not too long ago that he choked after he scored 175 or smething chasing a 300+ target . You have been gloating as if you have something to do with Tendulkar's success and going after everyone that ever said anything about Tendulkar.

When you write your Book, please do mention what you said after that inning of 175. I am sure it will be a NY Times best seller.
Reeow.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Anyone rememebr this?

'If he can't win as many matches as he can for India, he's wasting his time'

Tendulkar should consider quitting - Ian Chappell

Cricinfo staff

March 30, 2007

Time to retire for Sachin Tendulkar? Ian Chappell thinks so ? Getty Images

Ian Chappell, the former Australian captain, has come down hard on Sachin Tendulkar, saying the time had come for him to consider quitting the game. Chappell said that the Tendulkar decision would be crucial as India try and rebuild after their shocking first round exit from the ongoing World Cup.

Tendulkar managed only 64 runs in India's three first-round matches of the World Cup, and couldn't make much of an impact against Bangladesh (7) and Sri Lanka (0), the two games India lost.

"Before anybody else makes a decision on what will happen to Tendulkar the player himself has to have a good long look in the mirror and decide what he's trying to achieve in the game," Chappell, 63, wrote in Mid-Day, a Mumbai-based tabloid. "At the moment he looks like a player trying to eke out a career; build on a glittering array of statistics. If he really is playing for that reason and not to help win as many matches as he can for India then he is wasting his time and should retire immediately."

Chappell went on to compare Tendulkar with Brian Lara, the West Indian captain, and pointed out how the latter hadn't changed his style of play over a 17-year career. "This is a credit to his technique and mental strength, as the aging process generally makes a player more progressively conservative," Chappell wrote of Lara. "Tendulkar hasn't worn as well; his last three or four years have been a shadow of his former self.

Chappell took into consideration the slew of injuries that Tendulkar had suffered during his career, a factor that had forced him to miss a number of matches in this decade. "Tendulkar hasn't been as lucky as Lara," Chappell wrote, "the Indian batsman has suffered a lot of injuries in this period where his play has deteriorated and there is nothing that melts your mental approach quicker than physical handicaps. Lara has been relatively free from injury and he certainly doesn't have the weight of numbers riding on his shoulders that Tendulkar does. However, the population of the Caribbean might be small but they are extremely demanding.

"Despite all the fuss and the odd controversy that has surrounded Lara's career he has remained himself; this is my game and that is how I play. For whatever reason Tendulkar hasn't been able to maintain his extremely high standards for the last few years and unless he can find a way to recapture this mental approach he's not doing his team or himself any favours.

"If Tendulkar had found an honest mirror three years ago and asked the question; 'Mirror, mirror on the wall who is the best batsman of all?' It would've answered; 'Brian Charles Lara.' If he asked that same mirror right now; 'Mirror, mirror on the wall should I retire?' The answer would be; 'Yes.'

Tendulkar should consider quitting - Ian Chappell | India Cricket News | Cricinfo.com

:laugh:

Last edited:

Sir Alex

Banned
:laugh: :laugh:

I feel proud to be a Tendulkar fan when I read it again and again. Nothing could be more apt, scathing and belligerent yet noble than a reply like what Tendulkar has given him since, using his bat.