• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sachin Tendulkar - Best Batsman In The World

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
No but seriously, well done to the man. He is clearly looking forward to the 2011 WC. I think he'll call it quits in ODIs at that time, but I hope he keeps on going for a year or two longer in Tests.

He may well have 50+ ODI and 50+ Test centuries by that time, which is something he might be hoping for personally. I'm probably hoping for him to get to 60 Test centuries, but that'd pushing it - he'd have to play until he was around 41.

Maximus0723

State Regular
No but seriously, well done to the man. He is clearly looking forward to the 2011 WC. I think he'll call it quits in ODIs at that time, but I hope he keeps on going for a year or two longer in Tests.

He may well have 50+ ODI and 50+ Test centuries by that time, which is something he might be hoping for personally. I'm probably hoping for him to get to 60 Test centuries, but that'd pushing it - he'd have to play until he was around 41.
I think he will.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Don't doubt him.

AaronK

State Regular
Agreed. One of the warmest posters. I love you Turbs. <3
if you love him so much why don't u guys get married? lol hah jk

just wanted to bring some humar to this place..

I would personally take Sachin and Lara over Bradman any day.. this may surprise you all but the reason i will go for them over Bradman is because i never watched him bat.. i have seen a video of him in youtube.. but it isn't the same.. i don't know much about the bowlers that he faced.. the kind of pitches he played on and the most important aspect of the game for me is aggression.. how fast he played and made those runs..

Strike rate and aggression from both bowlers and batsman provide entertainment in any format of the game.. this is an skill that set one player aside from another.. this is why players like Sehwag, Afridi, Sanath, Chris Gayle and Gilly will be remembered long after they are gone from the game of cricket..they could change the game with their aggression.. I would have to say that both Sachin and Lara has/had these skills.. unfortunatly for me i wasn't there to watch Bradman to know about that aspects of his game..so that is why i would go with Sachin and Lara..

Sir Alex

Banned
There is something about Dhoni that is bringing the best out of Tendulkar

In test matches, Tendulkar averages about 74 under him
In ODIs 50 from 45 games @ 90.90.

Those are incredible numbers!

Sir Alex

Banned
He's been always "touchy" about how he was handled as a player. Dhoni like Ganguly gave him his space, while Dravid (or Chappel tbs) was more of a dictatorial guy.

Craig

World Traveller
lol why do you continue to put yourself through this. You're only torturing yourself. :p

this entire odis are meaningless, tests are everything bull**** is so overdone. Pratters put on this show with his "shows how much i care about odis" comment after the first match. And after this match, clearly shows just how much he cares. Clearly he would not have even clicked the scorecard had he really not cared.

No matter how much of a "i'm a purist" crap people might put forth, deep down inside a true cricket fan is one that just loves the competition between bat and ball. All you guys care about is proving yourselves as purists. Complete bull****!
+++++++++++++++1,000,000,0000

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
There is something about Dhoni that is bringing the best out of Tendulkar

In test matches, Tendulkar averages about 74 under him
In ODIs 50 from 45 games @ 90.90.

Those are incredible numbers!
A sign that he is playing in his prime - those numbers.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
And Dhoni shares a very cool relationship with Tendulkar from the looks of things - *** but no long term committments. It is a dream fit.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Seriously speaking these two are very similar in that they keep thinking how to improve the team and the game going on. So they work together towards the common goal. Seeing some one as dedicated and serious about his job in the pavilion gives confidence to the other. They add a lot to each other and the sum is very good results.

Sir Alex

Banned
Last edited:

Cruxdude

International Debutant
I love this new Sachin, the ultra careful run machine. I am eagerly waiting for the SA tour.

Sir Alex

Banned
IMO he actually resembles more his young self when playing ODIs.
Only when the "mischeivous" element of him crops up with a cheeky paddle or a deliberate scoop... But 90% of the time Sachin Mark II is much more mature, orthodox and risk free as compared to Sachin Mark I. As a result, his play has become more predictable (as in risk-free, consolidation-oriented), but I feel that's more effective than Tendulkar of the old. Particularly because, while Mark I Sachin dominated bowlers, he also gave them chances to get him out. But Mark II Sachin does not pummell bowlers to submission, rather surgically disposes off them with precision, yet at an awesome strike rate and renders bowlers hopeless as there are little visible deficiencies in his approach now.