• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tendulkar becomes ODI top scorer!!!

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
Honestly, I have to take my hat off to the man. Words cannot describe how incredible an achievement this really is. Even quality ODI top-order contemporaries like Hayden, Ponting, Kallis, Yousuf, Anwar and Mark Waugh could not reach this milestone...nor could anybody else over the past 40 years of ODI cricket. He might well be the finest ODI batsman ever.

irfan

State Captain
yup - arguably the greatest bastman to play ODIs
Honestly, I have to take my hat off to the man. Words cannot describe how incredible an achievement this really is. Even quality ODI top-order contemporaries like Hayden, Ponting, Kallis, Yousuf, Anwar and Mark Waugh could not reach this milestone...nor could anybody else over the past 40 years of ODI cricket. He might well be the finest ODI batsman ever.
No need for these words, IMO

Fusion

Global Moderator
To do it at his age, after playing so many years of cricket, is simply amazing. Add to it the fact that many had written him off just a short while ago and it makes it all the more special. I mentioned it in the official thread, but I’m in even more awe of him today. What a champ!

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
No need for these words, IMO
I'm not particularly bothered about whether Ponting or Sobers or Lara is a greater batsman than Tendulkar - arguably they are. They're all great players and picking one is always going to be a matter of argument.

As for performances in ODIs - a slightly different question to "who is the greatest batsman to have played ODIs" - Tendulkar clearly leads the way. He has the most runs and the most hundreds and now (FWIW) the highest individual score. It will take someone pretty damn good to better his overall record in ODIs.

L Trumper

State Regular
Lara first to 400 in Tests
Tendulkar first to 200 in ODIs

hah
This.

An absolutely incredible performance. He should have done it in NZ when he got out for 160 odd. But this time he timed it perfectly. Since 07 WC he is the best batsman in the world. With only one failure in SL in three years. How apt that he is the one who score first ever 200 in odis, now just hope that none of the "so called" dashers cash against minnows and spoil this record.

asty80

School Boy/Girl Captain
Awesome Sachin. Like the Energizer bunny, he just goes on and on and on and ...you get it ;)
Salute to the master.

It feels damn good when someone with his humility, love for the game, respect and talent makes it all count.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Awesome Sachin. Like the Energizer bunny, he just goes on and on and on and ...you get it ;)
Salute to the master.

It feels damn good when someone with his humility, love for the game, respect and talent makes it all count.
I had the grand fortune of meeting him in his room at the city hotel and he really is very humble. I can write a whole piece on how humble Tendulkar is, how he deals with fans so well and is generally so nice. Thing about him I like best.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This will teach me for thinking oh its only another pointless ODI I will sleep in and then turn it on at some point in the afternoon. What a great great man.

daghetto

Cricket Spectator
Well ... It's a record no doubt and Tendulkar is perhaps the only one who deserved it before anyone else in modern day cricket.
I feel this was coming one way or the other. With the introduction of T20 and power play rules, the game has become A LOT faster, scoring super fast runs with flurries of boundaries has now become the most essential requirement of the batting innings.

As someone pointed out .. Saeed's record was in india against india in an era where we did not have this batting and bowling powerplay bullsh!t and the game required actual patience, technique and confidence rather than tullay maari. For me, Saeed's innings still remains one the best ever played in an ODI. There is no doubt in it.
But yeah, we all know, Tendulkar is a class player, not a tullay maar... so, well deserved !!