• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Discuss English County Cricket Here :P

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Quote by Bob Willis a few minutes ago :
'News in from Taunton is that Marcus Trescothick has injured his hand and is out of the test. What on earth England players are doing playing in the C&G Trophy is beyond me'.

Interesting point - and is just one side of the coin. On the other hand, Darren Gough is very likely to be fit, and might well play in the first test without having bowled a single delivery in first-class cricket this season (I am willing to stand corrected on this).

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
MJ Di Venuto lbw b Harris 2

Bad news for Derbyshire there.

Lancs v Yorks, Lancs 113-4
MJ Chilton b Gough 3
D Byas b Gough 15

Good news for England there

This is my 112th post - I can put my leg down now

Rich2001

International Captain
Well I just thought I would keep you up to date with the lastest scores from the English County Championship

Kent v Somerset

Kent won the toss and elected to bat first

Kent 209/5 (51.3 ov) - Kent RR: 4.06

D.Fulton - 89
A.Symonds - 69

A.Caddick - 3/58
R.Johnson - 2/51

Yorkshire v Warwickshire

Warwickshire won the toss and elected to bat first

Warwickshire 140/4 (37.3 ov) - Warwickshire RR: 3.73
Rain Stopped Play

N.Knight - 79
D.Ostler - 25*

McGrath - 2/24
Sliverwood - 1/24
Dawson - 1/24

Derbyshire v Essex

Derbyshire won the toss and elected to field first

Essex 188/5 (51.4 ov) - Essex RR: 3.64

D.Robinson - 69
W.Jefferson - 59

Lungley - 2/36
Welch - 1/22

Gloucestershire v Glamorgan

Gloucestershire 248/5 (53 ov) - Gloucestershire RR: 4.64

Glamorgan won the toss and elected to field first

Taylor 50*
Harvey 77*

Thomas 2/72
Davis - 3/55

Middlesex v Northamptonshire

Middlesex 149/2 (45 ov) - Middlesex RR: 3.31

Northamptonshire won the toss and elected to field first

B.Hutton - 59*
A.Strauss - 43
O.Shah - 35*

Blain - 1/45
Panesar - 1/40

Well it's good to see that Caddick's back from injury and in the wickets (even if my team are paying the price :(!)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I'd like to point out that Knight just reached 1000 in his 7th First Class match of the season. Have any players done i t in less?

A sad indictment on the County game it is though!

Glad to see Mr Key getting his chance (as I did actually say in our Fulton discussion I seem to remember?)

Rich2001

International Captain
I'd like to point out that Knight just reached 1000 in his 7th First Class match of the season. Have any players done i t in less?
Sorry couldn't say, without looking all the stats up, also it did help that he scored that big 200 recently and then in the 2nd inning got 97, but he is in some fine form (apart from that NUL game v Kent ;) :D)

Glad to see Mr Key getting his chance (as I did actually say in our Fulton discussion I seem to remember?)
LOL yes you did and his been ok so far taken a nice catch at 1st slip yesterday, to get rid of former team mate R.Dravid :D

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I posted this question on another list I'm on.

The outcome is that we believe it equals the record held by one D.Bradman of 7 matches (although this bradman character had a lot fewer innings)

Does anyone know who this Bradman character is, and if it was just a flash in the pan?