• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ijaz ahmed

slippy

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
There are rumours going around that he could be the new pakistan coach, what do you guys think about this.

Lostman

State Captain
Sounds like a PCB move, appoint a shady character with match fixing involvements to coach the national team.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Sounds like a PCB move, appoint a shady character with match fixing involvements to coach the national team.
Well the good ones are not willing to take up the job. So it seems like Ijaz probably doing a favor to PCB by willing to make himself available.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Well the good ones are not willing to take up the job. So it seems like Ijaz probably doing a favor to PCB by willing to make himself available.
which "good ones" are not willing to take the job? That Chappell guy?

Lawson is a decent coach and he will take it in a heart beat....
provided PCB is willing to bring him back....

The check fraud case was not true...he did not fraudulently issue a check...thats why he came clean of it.

Yes he has been involved in match fixing and i hope due to that reason he stays away from the job.

I would like to see a batsman coach to join but not Ijaz....

jeevan

International 12th Man
which "good ones" are not willing to take the job? That Chappell guy?

Lawson is a decent coach and he will take it in a heart beat....
provided PCB is willing to bring him back....

The check fraud case was not true...he did not fraudulently issue a check...thats why he came clean of it.

Yes he has been involved in match fixing and i hope due to that reason he stays away from the job.

I would like to see a batsman coach to join but not Ijaz....
Provided Ijaz Butt apologizes to him. Others that passed on the coaching offer are Miandad and Akram, apparently (per an Indian rag that reflected something from a Pakistani rag).

Xuhaib

International Coach
Ijaz was the coach of the u-19 which recently was declared the best behaved team of the tournamnet so atleast it seems he is good on the discipline side of things also was a world class fielders in his days so could really provide some help on this front.

it would not be the worst descition I feel.