Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: ijaz ahmed

  1. #1
    School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    london
    Posts
    97

    ijaz ahmed

    There are rumours going around that he could be the new pakistan coach, what do you guys think about this.

  2. #2
    State Captain Lostman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,945
    Sounds like a PCB move, appoint a shady character with match fixing involvements to coach the national team.
    For as long as there is limited overs cricket - of ten, twenty or fifty overs - there will remain the Sri Lankan spinners' mid-innings choke

  3. #3
    International 12th Man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Jose CA
    Posts
    1,677
    Was he also arrested just last year over forging cheques?

  4. #4
    Hall of Fame Member Sanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostman View Post
    Sounds like a PCB move, appoint a shady character with match fixing involvements to coach the national team.
    Well the good ones are not willing to take up the job. So it seems like Ijaz probably doing a favor to PCB by willing to make himself available.


  5. #5
    International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanz View Post
    Well the good ones are not willing to take up the job. So it seems like Ijaz probably doing a favor to PCB by willing to make himself available.
    which "good ones" are not willing to take the job? That Chappell guy?

    Lawson is a decent coach and he will take it in a heart beat....
    provided PCB is willing to bring him back....

    The check fraud case was not true...he did not fraudulently issue a check...thats why he came clean of it.

    Yes he has been involved in match fixing and i hope due to that reason he stays away from the job.

    I would like to see a batsman coach to join but not Ijaz....
    BE AFRIDI!
    Be VERY AFRIDI!!

  6. #6
    International 12th Man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Jose CA
    Posts
    1,677
    Quote Originally Posted by Faisal1985 View Post
    which "good ones" are not willing to take the job? That Chappell guy?

    Lawson is a decent coach and he will take it in a heart beat....
    provided PCB is willing to bring him back....

    The check fraud case was not true...he did not fraudulently issue a check...thats why he came clean of it.

    Yes he has been involved in match fixing and i hope due to that reason he stays away from the job.

    I would like to see a batsman coach to join but not Ijaz....
    Provided Ijaz Butt apologizes to him. Others that passed on the coaching offer are Miandad and Akram, apparently (per an Indian rag that reflected something from a Pakistani rag).

  7. #7
    Cricketer Of The Year Xuhaib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    9,506
    Ijaz was the coach of the u-19 which recently was declared the best behaved team of the tournamnet so atleast it seems he is good on the discipline side of things also was a world class fielders in his days so could really provide some help on this front.

    it would not be the worst descition I feel.

  8. #8
    International Regular Beleg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    3,437
    ijaz was a world class fielder? :|

  9. #9
    International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,272
    Also reports are on Arthur being approached upon recommendation from Greg to Bari.....



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Mystery Draft V.2 (1989-2009)
    By Mupariwa_Magic in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 492
    Last Post: 21-11-2009, 01:00 PM
  2. Ijaz Ahmed (former test cricketer) arrested
    By Xuhaib in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 28-03-2009, 03:42 AM
  3. Mystery Draft (ODI XI and Test XI, 79-09)
    By Athlai in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 973
    Last Post: 24-03-2009, 03:54 AM
  4. Graeme Hick vs Ijaz Ahmed
    By Goocheslamb in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 19-02-2009, 04:06 AM
  5. Ijaz Ahmed
    By Beleg in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 28-07-2008, 10:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •